Agility video

Discussion in 'Agility & Flyball' started by CiElBie, Mar 20, 2016.

1. CiElBie

CiElBie Registered Users

Here's a video of me and Sunni when we went to a fun little agility show :)
    It was a show with only special classes, so I couldnt get graded, so I just went to have fun!

Yeah, we didnt do to well if you class success by getting a clear round, but I much prefer a faster dog over a clear round anyway, so i won regardless ;)

And ignore the rubbish handler please! :oops:

kateincornwall and Naya like this.
  2. Naya

Naya Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Wel done. It's good to go along to have have fun to get the dogs used to how busy it is in a competition. Really quick run

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a grand little video , well done to you @CiElBie , keeps you on your toes too :)

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

Love it! I have no idea how you remember the order you're supposed to go through the obstacles!

5. CiElBie

CiElBie Registered Users

They usually give you a ton of time to prepare and walk the course, most people finish revising the course before you're told the time walking is up.
    I find its not that difficult :)
    I found it was more difficult to warm your half frozen body up do you can actually move properly without being too stiff xD
    it was 5oC (41oF), so cold!!!! I had to keep running the course even when I remembered it just to get my body warm enough to run properly!

@Naya
    Thanks! He is really good in competitions, the other dogs get him just so excited, he starts whining, bouncing up and down, barking, spinning, its all just so exciting to him! When hes not about to go, he amuses himself by trying to grab fluff off the floor for a few hours!

@kateincornwall
    Definitely :)
    When I turn 18 and can drive, im making a decision to do a lot more exercise with my dogs and by myself, and eat more balanced meals with fewer calories, as well as do a ton more agility practise and shows with my little 'un, just to prepare myself because I want to do better, so it will definitely keep me on my toes xD
    I think the quality of the video is alright, but I cant decide on music, if there should be or shouldnt.
    I tried enhancements, but they didnt look too good.
    What was most amusing though was that about 95% of the large dogs there were border collies, kelpies and their mixes. I think I counted 10 ABC dogs, (1 Lab, 2 Bearded collies, 1 working briard, 2 poodles, 1 GSD, 1 Tervuren, 1 italian spinone looking dog without the wirehairs, and 1 husky x gsd)
    And there were about 100-200 large dogs there at an estimate.

I dont see why people get a border collie for agility!
    Its not as though people with border collies are the only people to want to go do agility either. Most people wont get a clear round anyway, so its not as though breed matters... Theyre not going to end up at crufts or anything :/
    But oh well, Ill just keep using my ABC dogs :)

kateincornwall and Naya like this.
  6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Moderator Forum Supporter

Wow! - that was fast!
    Pretty good exercise for the both of you I would say
    A very well done!