All too short

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 14, 2012.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

A dog's life is all too short. Here is a place to post pictures or memories of old friends. Because sharing often helps.

AngelConradie likes this.
  2. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

This is my Maggie when she was a little older than Maui is now at the Beach almost 13 years ago. We loved her so, love her still, miss her always and she remains in our hearts .....
    [​IMG]

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah she looks like such a lovely dog and I can tell you loved her very much.im sure she had a wonderful life with you x

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

What a sweetheart. We never forgot our dogs - they stay with us always.

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Beautiful x

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

She looks wonderful - and was much loved her whole life. That's lovely. :)

7. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

She looked a darling and you missing her so much brought tears to my eyes. She was so loved and would have had the perfect life; dogs' lives are so shorter than ours, but a dog's life well lived is worth the grief we have to suffer. xx

Chewy's mom likes this.
  8. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Thank you all for your kind words. Someone once told me to know love is to also have known loss .... I think that is true. We will always love and miss Maggie .... she was one of a kind. When she left this world we received so many cards and visits from friends ..... everyone loved Maggie it seemed. We hesitated in getting another dog, but when I found the Breeder I eventually got Maui from, I was reading her blog and it seemed she had lost her beloved Indy just the day before we had to let Maggie go. An instant bond developed and I knew we had to go ahead. Maui is a sweetheart and somehow I think Maggie would approve. But, when Maggie left, she took a piece of our hearts, which only well loved dogs can do. Play happily over that Rainbow Bridge Mags .... we love you and miss you! :)

AngelConradie and Chewy's mom like this.
  9. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

What a beautiful lady x

10. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Thank you for sharing your story about Maggie. You can tell she was a beautiful and beloved girl. :heart:

Your story about how you found Maui is also inspirational... gives me hope I will eventually get out of my indecisive funk and find my special pup.

AngelConradie likes this.
  11. Charlotte Savae-Gantar

Charlotte Savae-Gantar Registered Users

It's been very comforting reading your lovely posts on this site.. Sometimes only a doggy person can understand the pain and overwhelming grief that come with losing a best furry friend.. My Rocky passed only yesterday, he was taken ill on Friday having ingested something poisonous.. We couldn't find out what it was which I think makes it all the harder to bare.. He was only 8 years old and the speed in which it took him was so horrendous.. I loved him so much.. At the moment when surrounded by all his things it feels very hard to imagine life without him around..

AngelConradie and Chewy's mom like this.
  12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

So so sorry to hear about your loss of Rocky @Charlotte Savae-Gantar
    You are welcome to tell us more about your lovely boy, when you are ready to.
    jac x

13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So sorry to hear this Charlotte :(

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Charlotte, I am so very sorry to hear about Rocky, how awful for you to have him taken so soon and in such a horrendous way :(:( My thoughts are with you. Sleep tight Rocky xx

15. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

My heart goes out to you Charlotte, I have tears reading your sad post. Stay around won't you? We are here to help x

16. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Charlotte, I am so sorry to read of Rocky's sudden passing. Do post about his life, if it helps xx

17. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

My sincere condolences , I am very sorry to read about your darling boy x

18. AngelConradie

AngelConradie Registered Users

My beloved Riddick has been gone two years.
    [​IMG]
    I miss him every single day. His name is still on the food list with the other dogs...
    I found a wonderful local artist who paints pet portraits, and when I saw her other work I knew a Riddick portrait inspired by the movie character he was named after, with his Doggles on his head, would be right up her alley.
    And I love it! She captured my baby boy so beautifully.
    [​IMG]

QuinnM15 and Jimmy3d like this.
  19. Emarbee

Emarbee Registered Users

Am new to the forum and reading the story of Maggie and then Charlotte's reply about Rocky, I thought I would share our recent sadness. Danny was our wonderful boy, 100% Lab, but with a curly coat, who joined the family as a puppy in December 2011. We had nearly 8 years of love and fun, then he was taken suddenly ill in early September and died within hours. I thought he might have ingested something toxic that morning out on his walk, but he wasn't really sick. He just went quiet and immobile and rapidly declined. It was so sudden and unexpected we didn't think of getting emergency vet help. When I described the symptoms to the vet she said it sounded like a brain haemorrhage or organ failure. He was a healthy and strong dog and we have been grieving since we lost him. We have such wonderful memories. I have spent hours going through our photo archive and have compiled an album of about 170 photos that go some way to telling the story of his life. We can never replace him, but we have decided the best way forward is to start again, as we miss what a dog brings to our family, so we have sought out another black puppy and are collecting Tarka on Sunday 1st Dec. In a strange way it will help us remember Danny, I believe.