Annual checkup and jabs

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Hollysdad, Oct 29, 2016.

1. MF

MF Registered Users

I stopped popping into the vet often when I realized it was frequented by lots of sick dogs! Didn't think it was wise to expose Snowie unnecessarily. I am pretty sure he picked up kennel cough at the vet (altho on that occasion he was there for an appt).

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Well she's in good company for some super walks..... enjoy x

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie goes in once a month at least - for his cartrophen injection - and we often pop in on our walks (the vet is just at the bottom of the hill we live on). He gets weighed every time. It's so easy for the lbs to creep on, I find it a good reminder that he put on weight at the smell of kibble, so it's handy.

Must get into better habits with Betsy. It's harder with a 6 month old puppy, I have to walk down a very busy street at the end, and it's a bit grotty with a fair bit of kebab shop rubbish etc. I'm not overwhelmed at the thought of training heel work with a puppy along that road for a second time - still got the scars from doing it with Charlie! Made it half way last week, will try to make it all the way to the vet's next week! :D