Discussion in 'Life With A Lab' started by Johnny Walker, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

Trying to upload an avatar and each time I try I get a different message as to why I can't. Can this be done from mobile devices or must it be done from a computer ? First message was to large, so I shrank the file, then it was to large (over 59kb) so I emailed it to myself shrinking it even more and now I get that the file extension doesn't match the content. I'll use a computer if I have to, I just don't own one anymore. I use tablets and phones for just about everything these days.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hmm....so long since I did this I'm not sure.
    One for @snowbunny i think.
    I know I have to resize my photos before I can post (I have a samsung galaxy and the photos are huuuuge)
    The forum used to automatically resize the avatars, so not sure what the story is now.

3. Johnny Walker

Okay. Thank you. I have found more topics on this since I posted. I'll keep trying.

drjs@5 likes this.
  4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

It looks like you sorted it :)

Johnny Walker likes this.
  5. Johnny Walker

Sorted the Avatar. Now working on uploading photos. Seems to me the best route is to become a supporter. I don't use paypal, can I just use a Canadian MasterCard ?

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Your options are to use a third-party host like Flickr, PhotoBucket or Imgur, or to become a forum supported, which allows you to upload file. Instructions for both of these options are in the Technical section (I can post links if you need).

I have to say, I'm not sure about your Mastercard, but Paypal normally allows you to pay by card without actually registering. Give it a go and let me know if you come up against problems.