Bailey at six months and 25kg

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Neffy_bailey91, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Neffy_bailey91

Neffy_bailey91 Registered Users

Hi all, happy Christmas!

I'm writing to get some advice on how to feed my lab puppy. He's on a raw food diet and although it's easy to find out how much food to give him in regards to his weight, I'm not sure when I should be switching to the adult guidlines. When does a lab Become an adult?
    He already weighs 25kg but is still a very lean puppy in good shape so I'm not concerned of over feeding but I am worried if I switch to adult portions too soon I'll stunt his growth because the guidelines state he almost drops to half the food consumption as an adult?
    Thanks

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome. Usually they change to adult guidelines after they are 1, but I'm not sure if it's the same with raw. Hopefully someone will come along soon with an answer

3. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Feed to his body condition, guidelines are just that, a guide, what is right for one dog may be too much or not enough for another. It sounds as though your pup is doing great so carry on as you are and alter amounts according to how he looks and feels (amount of coverage over ribs.).