Bitch pregnant??

Discussion in 'Labrador Breeding & Genetics' started by tullimore1976, May 12, 2015.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Eek!
    Good luck :D:D:D

2. tullimore1976

tullimore1976 Registered Users

Just up and still nothing lol. She wanted out a few time last night to pee and was a little sick again, nothing much. At one stage she dug a hole in the garden and lay in it. So i stayed out with her for half and hr till she decided to come back in. Shes wagging her tail this morning but still panting!

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sounds pretty imminent ,hoping all goes well , ring your Vet if you are concerned at any stage , fingers crossed for today

4. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Pups are close now. Good luck & keep us updated :)

5. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

Is she drinking enough? All I can read is talking about that she is off food. More important is the fact that she drinks. When not, I think that it would be wise to give your vet a call! Just to check her out. You can expect puppies after 59 days of conception, so I have been told. My sister has a litter of Doberman puppies.

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Thinking of you and jet today. I'll be at work all afternoon and in a Board meeting this evening, but I'll do my best to check in on here occasionally.

7. tullimore1976

PUPPIES HAVE LANDED!!!!!! From 10:20am this morning it all kicked off. Unforunately the first puppy arrived (male) deceased. I tried everything to resuscitate it but to no avail. Jets instincts took over and she opened the sac, cleaned the puppy and cut the umbilical cord. I was gutted and felt so sorry. I tried all the advice given and read in books!
    Shortly after puppy 2 and 3 arrived all head first, this time i got the sacs opened and let Jet do the rest, i had to cut one of the cords as Jet didnt take much interest. Then puppy 4 arrived paws first which Jet had a bit of trouble of delivering but yet again "Book of the Bitch" came up trumps and kept me right.
    Puppy 5 and 6 again both came about an 2hrs after previous pups and again paws first.
    Puppy 7 we nearly lost, Jet had been contracting for 30mins and to no avail, by this time she was exhausted. I rang the vet as i was concerned about Jet, they told me to bring her in. Jet wouldnt get out of the whelping box so we put pups in a warm box and i began to carry Jet to the car, as i did this my wife said theres a pup hanging out of her. I got Jet back in and quickly broke the sack, this time the puppy wouldnt breathe and Jet wasnt interested. I rubbed it vigorously and nothing, then one tip i read was to breathe sharply in its face and voila the puppy gasped and choked and then began to breathe. Puppy 8 arrived shortly after and all was ok, then Jet went out to wee and took more drink and ice cream. She was lying sleeping and as i was clearing up i noticed another sack had slipped out, puppy number 9!
    It was an experience and im delighted Jet and puppies are doing well.
    Final total 4 boys and 4 girls! The little deceased boy has been buried under the trees in our garden. All pups feeding off mum and now sleeping. I will post pics this evening. Thanks for everyones thoughts and advice.

8. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Oh wow! How exciting! Sad about the first little one, but it sounds like the rest are doing just fine and Jet is a star! Look forward to the photos :)

9. kateincornwall

Oh well done Jet and to you for being able to help , so pleased you got the Book of the Bitch . What a shame about that first little one , but pleased that you have 8 pups who are feeding well .

10. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Congratulations :)
    It's really sad that the first puppy died but unfortunately that's the part of breeding :(
    Thanks God all the rest are doing good :)
    Have you weighted puppies & noted their weight?
    Can't wait to see the pics :)

11. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Amazing!

Many congratulations to all of you and RIP little first boy.

Now the fun starts!! :):):)

12. tullimore1976

Havent really got scales to weigh them on, could probably use bathroom scales but they mightnt be the most accurate!

13. Christoph W

Christoph W Registered Users

Congratulations!!!!:)
    Maybe you could use a kitchen scale to weight them? Might be more accurate than a human bathroom scale:cool:

14. tullimore1976

15. tullimore1976

I bought some whelping "velcro" collars for the pups. Is it too early to put them on? Its just so we can identify them once they are weighed. Also the little pup which i had to resusicate has a white flash on its chest. How the hell did that happen when the rest are all black??

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Awww....congratulations!
    A white flash is allowed as part of the breed standard.
    Well done to you and Jet. Looks like she needs a good night's sleep (or a nanny for the pups ;) )
    I would have thought you would be okay with the collars, but not an expert. Another option is to get some nail varnish and paint a different nail of each pup to ID them.
    Gorgeous little snuggly bundles........

17. kateincornwall

Good idea Jacqui , re the nail varnish , and much safer than collars which I wouldn't recommend as little claw can get caught in them when they are all snuggled up and squirming around , bless .

18. tullimore1976

Right weighed the puppies and they all range from 16-18oz! Put wee collars on them for now and my wifes going to paint the tails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aww...even cuter. I am assuming that is a typo :D :D

20. tullimore1976

lmao, yes i meant nails lol