Black dog syndrome (sad)

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by MadMudMob, Jan 14, 2014.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Black dog syndrome (sad)

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=4037.msg79771#msg79771 date=1400605024]
    Mine too in the flesh but it's tricky to get a good photo of him. I'm lucky to have fab photos from Heidrun and another friend who's keen on dog photography my own photos are terrible generally :)
    [/quote]

Empathy Barbara , Sam ends up looking like a black blob , cant get good definition at all :(

2. LovelyLittleLola

LovelyLittleLola Registered Users

I had never really thought about it before until a few weeks back a guy walking a black lab stopped to have a natter while the dogs had a sniff and he mentioned he doesn't come across many other black labs. And come to think of it I don't either. Lots of chocolates and a few yellow fellows but not many blacks which is very sad if people are choosing not to get a dog because of its coat. A friend of mine when I was growing up had a black lab and he was awesome.

3. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Most of the labs we see around here are black - quite a lot are gun dogs, and for some reason black ones always seem more common at shoots. Don't know why that would be?
    I definitely wanted a black (we had black labs when I wad a kid) but I might have been swayed by a fox red. Mira's mother was a gorgeous red, but the yellow pups were very pale, so black it was :)

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I would say that over half the labs up my way are blacks as well.
    Some yellows and choccies, few fox-reds but not many

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I loooove Black dogs and I have 2. Mostly Black Labs where I live with one Yellow and 1 Fox Red :) x

6. npcarpenter

npcarpenter Registered Users

Clare, I have to stand up for the spelling of "color". We in the US wonder why you put all those extra letters in words unnecessarily! ;)