Blake

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Beanwood, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Update:

Blake today went to the Isle of Wight, and his forever home. I am so happy for him, he is simply an amazing dog.

Video from our last walk..excuse Benson disappearing, we later found a bitch in season off lead...so one could hardly blame him really, however Blake was able to show off his pinsharp recall!

[video=youtube;ZQPaQu7rJr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQPaQu7rJr8[/video]

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oh that is the most amazing news! How absolutely fantastic that Blake has gone from a terrible place, too ill to travel, to a wonderful forever home.

What a wonderful, wonderful thing you have done for him. Wishing him all the best in his new life! :):):)

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

What wonderful news about Blake I hope he will always be happy.:D

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Safe travels, Blake. I can't imagine how you guys must be feeling, so big hugs to you. You've done an amazing job with this young man. I hope you get regular updates from his forever home.

5. Beanwood

Feels quite strange this morning..so quiet..Casper is still asleep...well it is Sunday. My stepdad takes Benson out early on a Sunday with his dog for a couple of hours. Usually Blake is up and about at 6.30am. I hope he is OK. The adopters had come all the way from the Isle of Wight to collect him, the handover took and hour and a half, and Marcus thought it was a bit excessive on my part, they were exhausted by the time they left, Blake had nodded off at about 30 mins.

Blake jumped straight into the back of their car, very happy. I gave him a frozen stuffed kong for the journey. He left with his favourite toy and his kong frisbee, oh and a clicker! :)

6. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Have a good journey, Blake, and WELL DONE to all the Beanwoods (two- and four-legged) for such a brilliant rescue job.

7. Cath

Cath Registered Users

You should be so proud of yourself Beanwood for the chance of a new life you have given Blake. Big Hugs x

8. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Gosh, this is bitter/sweet for you Kate , but what a truly grand job you and your boys have done , good luck Blake x

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Go well lovely Blake, such a bittersweet time for you all - I feel for you.

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

What a wonderful story. You've done a wonderful thing and I hope the next chapter of Blake's life is as good as the one just closing. Thank you xxx

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Such a wonderful ending to a terrible start in life for the lovely Blake. You should feel happy not sad that Blake is starting his new life with his lovely forever family. Blake is a very lucky boy to have spent an important part of his life with you all. What an amazing job you all have done, Benson and Casper too. Take care all of you xxxxx

12. Beanwood

Thank you everyone, lovely comments, I admit feeling sad, actually couldn't bear to see him being driven away. His new home is amazing, wouldn't mind being adopted by them myself! Really lovely, gentle and genuine people.

They have contacted us already to let us know Blake had had a good night, waking up at 7am. A far cry from the first week here, where he was so distressed he had to sleep with me, and would be up every hour, pacing and circling in distress. So the fact he had a good first night sleep in his new home is very encouraging :)

13. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Such a happy ending for Blake I'm thrilled. Xx

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Good news Kate. Just shows what a fantastic job you have all done :)

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Of course you feel sad. :( But I bet once you've got over the shock of him leaving, you'll feel better - and think of him starting his new life, with lovely people, in the home he is going to have FOREVER, that will soon cheer you up. Perhaps they'll send a photo or two soon.....

16. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Ah so lovely to hear he has found his forever home and settling in already. You have done a wonderful fostering job restoring his faith in humanity.

17. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Beanwood Just catching up,with this - so sad that Blake has finally gone but so happy that he has found such a fantastic forever home and is settling in well already, a tribute to the love and training you have all given him in the weeks since his arrival. Bless you for your generosity of spirit to foster him (and give him up at the end of it) xx

18. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Be very very happy in your new life Blake,there are a lot of people rooting for you.You and Marcus have been brilliant Kate and I'm thinking of you both as I can imagine how you will miss him X

19. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Very glad to hear that Blake has gone to a lovely home, all due to your generosity and hard work.

20. Beanwood

Lovely email from his new owners. Couldn't be happier....although a small part of me feels a bit sad.

"He's really settling now becoming quite chilled in the house, didn't wake till 7.30 this morning, he's much, much more relaxed around the ponies and has had 2 walks off lead this weekend, one alone and one with James's sisters Labrador and behaved perfectly.
    My little cat's still not quite sure of him but we're working on that.

All in all we couldn't be more happy with him, you did a great job"

And a photo....:)

[​IMG]A week by foxy bean, on Flickr