Blake

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Beanwood, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Any news?

2. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Great idea from Julie.

I have Molly's old crates. They are still in very good condition. I am going to stick them onj Gumtree and see if I can get some money for them. It can then go for Blake.

If worst comes to worst and they don't sell I'll simply take them to a local rescue.

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Update: ££286 on his fundraiser, however I have sold a few things so as soon as the money hits my account it is going onto Blakes fundraiser.

We have someone popping over to see him for a more thorough assessment. I am also going to be checking on his vacs, to make sure all of them are sorted for the UK, and not just the basics.
    Info so far: Very loveable, great with other dogs, people and children. Loves swimming and adores long walks. A great retriever and just loves to play fetch. Needs to be fed separately as food aggressive.

I am building a plan for his arrival into the UK..but a lot of arm twisting needed with OH first...::)

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

We'll get there Kate - if I can help with practicalities through August and early Sept, I'm around and in the West country with a spare pup mobile....will go check the ebay sales....

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Have just donated Kate, he looks so sad in the pound, poor boy.

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

We are at £365 - amazing. Just £110 to go....

7. Beanwood

Well I am stunned....speechless....

We have raised the target of ..... £475!!!!

Absolutely amazing! :):):)

This means we can now work on the logistics of getting him home to the UK as quickly as possible, we have offered to foster him here at Beanwood, where as a priority, we will get a full health check, medical support, behavioural support and a safe environment where he can find his paws. You lot are truly, truly incredible and your generosity and kindness has been incredible.
    We have reached first base with Blake, everything crossed he stays well enough to get to second base and on the flight to the UK.
    Will keep you all posted as soon as I get any updates x

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Whoop,whoop,so happy,can't wait to see a photo of him with you ......safe and settled X sounds like there is a lot to do Kate to get organsied ,good luck with everything x
    Now,who is going to tell Casper that Blake is on the way! Xxx

9. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

That is just so fantastic. People's generosity has made me cry :eek::eek: Look forward to hearing how everything goes and seeing some lovely photos of him.

10. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

That's amazing. I am so pleased, well done :):):)

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yay! Yay! Yay! That's fantastic!

But it's step one - Kate, we are all rooting for Blake for the next step. Keep us updated.....

12. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Wonderful! Best of luck Blake x

13. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Thank goodness; he looks terribly stressed in the photos in the pound poor love.

14. Beanwood

So we have a provisional date for the flight to the UK...10th September. This is all dependent on vet sign off. Blake will be booked in next week. for all his blood tests..so will be really nervous until then!
    We are also working with the rescue staff at getting Blake booked into private kennels, where he will be more comfortable and less stressed. Hopefully this can be organised very soon :)

15. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Everything crossed the vet check goes well x

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Everything crossed here....

17. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Fingers, toes and paws crossed

18. Beanwood

Fight date has now been confirmed Sunday 13th September. He is not is a good way. Blake has been in the pound since 17th June. I have photos of when he was brought into the pound, and the change in this lovely sunny looking yellow lab is shocking.
    Everything crossed he makes it. He is having his vet prep this week, plus still trying to get him into kennels/or foster, even for a couple of weeks.
    Will keep you all posted. Found a little video clip, but it is really upsetting :(

19. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh the poor love. Hopefully they can get him out of there into private kennels / foster until the flight... Hopefully the vet check goes ok.

20. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh Kate,that's made me feel really sad ,I really hope he can hang in there,safety isn't long away for him now if only he knew x