Blake

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Beanwood, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Good luck, Blake. Hope you've arrived safely.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

How us Blake settling in Kate?
    How are your two with him? X

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Blake is here!!! :)

We picked Blake up at 1.30am...so we are all a bit tired this morning! We also picked up a beautiful female GSD called Faith. She is a treasure!

Anyway I am a bit lost for words right now...to touch him, really touch him...and look into his eyes was just well...quite emotional.

Some photos...:)

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkibuBa

[​IMG]beautiful blake a by Kate Hart, on Flickr

[​IMG]blakes page by Kate Hart, on Flickr

[​IMG]blake and his frisbee 3 by Kate Hart, on Flickr

[​IMG]blake 2 by Kate Hart, on Flickr

[​IMG]blake 1 by Kate Hart, on Flickr

4. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Looks like he always belonged there.

I know it is only one dog, but it is an achievement

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Oh they are both BEAUTIFUL! Well done Kate and Marcus. Do we get to meet them on walkies any time?

6. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Fabulous! So pleased for them both. Thank you for fostering Blake x

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Welcome to England Blake! He's a gorgeous boy who, hopefully, will settle very quickly. So pleased we could help this boy :D

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Such fabulous news! How is his health now? Will getting weight on him be just a matter of feeding him up slowly, or is there some underlying issue that needs managing?

He looks so happy playing with Marcus :)

9. Beanwood

Faith was only stopping overnight...she has already gone to her foster home...where I have been informed she has already opened the top oven and stolen her roasties...so has earned her labrador stripes methinks! :)

I think Blake would be fine on a sevenside walk as long as he is strong enough. snowbunny he still is on meds, plus I am not sure if his anaemia is completely resolved (due to ticks..). He is around 10kgs underweight, so needs very gentle exercise to build up gradually. His coat is in a terrible state! Dry and frizzy. Don't think he has had a lot of human interaction, so just allowing him to get used to us right now, he was castrated about 10 days ago so need to be careful he is not overfaced with other dogs either right now, poor lad!

10. bbrown

Teehee good girl Faith! I'm sure Blake will come on in leaps and bounds x

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh bless him, and everyone who made this possible. What a fantastic new start at life he will have with you.

12. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Just got in from doing a home check for Lab rescue and went straight to see what news we had. So good to see him out in a field, what a journey he's had. Whoo hoo!!!

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Very happy for Blake...

14. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely :)

15. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

I had a tear in my eye when I read this, what gorgeous photos. Such a lovely boy. A massive warm welcome to Blake. Xx

16. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Seeing his photographs I can quite see why you felt emotional; he looks in so much need of love and attention, but began to look so much happier in the later photos after just a short time with you.

17. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Grass, food, caring people, frisbees.....reckon things are looking up for our Blake. :)

18. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Aw bless.. big congrats/ thanks to all those who made this possible, hope Blake finds his forever home soon

19. Beanwood

Benson and Casper have been introduced....and it went very smoothly :) Despite everything Blake is quite well mannered. Benson just wants to play...and has been trying to get Blake to chase him...but he just stands there a bit confused. Benson even gave Blake his favourite purple hippo, but Blake just doesn't know how to play. It was sad.
    Casper said a quiet hello, a perfunctory hump (followed by a hoolie) and has left him alone mostly.

Blake is a keen retriever though...as soon as the frisbee came out and he realised it was a throwing game he got very excited! He loves a tennis ball, but I found it a bit hard to get out of his mouth (swapped with high value treats) The frisbee was better as OH got a tuggy game going which they both really enjoyed!

Don't know whether he has been housetrained, we are assuming not..and are starting from scratch, using a crate. This is going quite well, just one accident so far, I think he was a bit too excited when he first explored the front room. It must all be so strange to him!

Oh did I mention he loves water! Adores the hose...much to Benson's amusement! We used this to our advantage and added a little dog shampoo, OH got soaked, I got soaked...but we have a slightly sweeter smelling Blake! :)

20. bbrown

Breaks my heart when they don't know how to play. Looks like he'll get the hang of it pretty soon based on those frisbee photos xxx