BUGS AND PROBLEMS HERE PLEASE :)

Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 10, 2015.

1. Markieee

Markieee Registered Users

I cannot create a new post?! :(

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

​Hi Markieee, sorry this is an issue with the new forum. I'll have a look at it ASAP. I've approved your post (and deleted the duplicates) so hopefully things should start working for you from hereon in :)

3. Mylestogo

Mylestogo Registered Users

I am still having the logging out issue on my iPhone. I do check the remember me button when I log in. It simply will not keep me logged in if I close the browser even for a couple of minutes.

My iPad will keep me logged in all the time. Is there some setting where you can only be logged in continuously on 1 device?

Thanks in advance.

4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I wonder if anyone can help with this. In my PM I cannot delete messages, any ideas please? :confused:

5. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

Just to let you know I have removed some resolved issues from this list again, so that we can focus on the ones that still need some action.

Thanks again for all of your input and patience during this transition :)

Do let us know if any other glitches crop up that have not yet been mentioned!

6. lucy@labforumHQ

I have worked out the multiple quoting issue! It is to do with the method of adding a second quote. It is utterly different to anything I have worked with before :)

I will write up some instructions with screen shots and post them up asap to confirm, but basically there is a "post reply 2" box which appears in the upper left hand corner of your screen when you select the second section to post. Click on that and it will plonk all selected posts in your reply box!

7. lucy@labforumHQ

Please can you let me know which sub-forum this thread is in - I can't seem to find it at all! Thanks :)

8. lucy@labforumHQ

To delete a message you need to go into the main area of the inbox and select the message and click trash from there. Button as marked on the image below:

[​IMG]

9. lucy@labforumHQ

The Latest Activity tab should now be working fine.

Please note that there will be a slight delay when you open it as the new information loads. If it says 'working' then just wait a few seconds and the info should appear as expected.

10. lucy@labforumHQ

Please can you let me know whether this is now working for you?

11. lucy@labforumHQ

Oh dear :( Is it giving you an error message or just a blank screen?

Can you see a page counter suggesting that more pages are there, but you can't click the next page along? I hope that makes sense!

Thanks, Lucy

12. lucy@labforumHQ

These posts are now displaying for me, albeit with a slow loading time :( Please can you let me know whether you are now able to view them? Thanks!

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I have always been able to load the long threads, including "my walk" but not within any time that makes it usable, unfortunately. About 50 to 60 seconds. I don't get a error message though. I fear these threads are lost...:(

14. Mylestogo

If I go to page 20, the option to go further is greyed out. If I type in 21 in the page counter, it will still only go to page 20. I never get an error message. Here is a screenshot if that helps.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa290/erickaom/e2cb3232-0d49-4db6-86ef-b70135566e8b.jpg

15. lucy@labforumHQ

To change your profile picture, click on the arrow by your username, then click on 'My Profile'. Hover your mouse over the bottom right hand corner of your picture and a box saying 'edit avatar' will appear. Click on this box and it will give you the options for changing your picture. Hope that helps :)

16. lucy@labforumHQ

The long threads issue is resolved, with a little tweak of your settings… Please see Pippa's announcement regarding Gypsy the Guide Dog and My Walk in the Information section.

17. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I've noticed over the last few days that in my Message Center under Subscriptions, Posts I have hit 100 but this number hasn't changed despite making new posts. Is this a glitch in the software or a setting that needs changing?

18. Mylestogo

I'm assuming others are having this issue with the page numbers? At the bottom of most pages now, it will skip from page 1 to page 11, etc. For example, when I click on Latest Topics it says "1,11,34 Next" at the bottom for Pages. This is similar on other pages as well.

19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I think that's just a setting so that you don't have all the numbers if there are lots of them. I agree it's not ideal as it is; this post, for example, currently shows 1 and 4. I'll have a look at what is possible and have a chat with Pippa to see what we think is the best way of handling this.

20. Mylestogo

I thought the same thing, but if I click Next from page 1, it will actually skip to page 11. In order to get to page 2, I have to type in "2" in the page counter.