Charlie's training blog

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Erisda, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Erisda

Erisda Registered Users

Since everyone seems to be interested in Charlie, my year old Harrier and I am working on his training I thought I'd join in on these training logs ^^ Being a hound he is stubborn, though not to the extent of some and I have finally found that knack to training him :D

SO hope you enjoy ^^ Short and sweet

Past few days I have been working on Charlie's loose lead walking. He LOVES to pull and despite the size of him is strong, and eventually I do want to do Bikejor or something similar with him and up until now he has been allowed to pull until commands have sunk in. So now is the fun bit, curbing that habit of always pulling to only pulling when I say so.
    I have been over the past 3/4 days working on his lead walking inside and the yard both on lead and off using clicker and quick firing treats and today finally I managed to do a lab of my avenue with very little pulling and he soon realised what to do. However I still had to quickly fire treats most of the time to keep his focus.

I do not know if the video will work, I do hope so as it shows how brilliantly he has came on his first go with distractions even sitting at the end :D

[video]https://www.facebook.com/tasha.wilson.58/videos/1022654917794844/[/video]