Confession time!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by DebzC, Oct 3, 2016.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

There's another saying here, which is relevant to you, @Emily_BabbelHund. It's a very sorry thing indeed, to be in "a state of Lablessness". Maybe you should fix that :)

Dexter, Pilatelover, drjs@5 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Rolo looks soooo much like Baby Pongo i had to double take!

Rosie likes this.
  3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

100% this!! When Stanley was at his worst and had cried for about 3 weeks straight my mum came round. I had massive crazy scarecrow hair and hadn't eaten or slept in 3 weeks.

She said she'd take Stanley to dogs trust, not to worry, he'd have a new home in a matter of hours. She'd deal with OH and everything else.

I was getting his things and I picked up lovey (Stanley's stinky sheep that goes everywhere. He's so gentle with it and Wong sleep without it) and she said "oh he won't need that, they won't give him that. And his new owners probs won't want it." I was horrified, adamant he wouldn't settle without it and she just shrugged.

I ran over to Stanley, grabbed him and insisted no one was getting my puppy as I was the only one who knew how to look after him properly. My mum gave me a little smirk and was like, I thought so.

Clever people turn mums aren't they..

Granca, b&blabs, Dexter and 17 others like this.
  4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

5. jessieboo

jessieboo Registered Users

It WILL be OK. I've wanted a dog for YEARS. I read all the books. Took great care to feel a labrador was the dog for us. Waited for the right time. AND it was beyond harder than I ever possibly imagined. I 've cried. I've raged! I've despaired! But slowly, slowly things get better. She is still utterly, utterly mad. But we've learnt to cope better, her behaviour is improving and the training is coming along. I genuinely can't imagine being without her now. Good luck xx

DebzC and Pilatelover like this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I know this I'd bad but ive had 3 and I've never had that many problems

7. David

David Registered Users

What's all this about problem puppies? Mine is 7 years old now and yesterday I followed a crashing noise into the kitchen to find the kitchen bin with a lab inside it so only her flaying back legs and tail showed! Wish I'd had a camera handy but rescue was top of the agenda. :D

Granca, Beanwood, DebzC and 8 others like this.
  8. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Love, love, love this thread. Some days I think if I was on roller skates I'd win the land speed record when Mabel spots a squirrel and Im on the other end of the lead. :pull: I'm sure I'm known locally as the crazy woman with the chocolate Labrador. Give me that title any day rather than crazy woman with no dog.

Granca, DebzC, edzbird and 3 others like this.
  9. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

I love this thread too!

I remember and it is not so long ago, that I could burst into tears about Finn. I was so sorry that I bought him....he is so different from the two other labs we had. The first year I cried a lot. I came here on this forum and read that I was not the only one by reading stories from others. So I never expressed what and how I felt, but knew from others that they have been through the same!

Dexter, DebzC and Pilatelover like this.
  10. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

One day I'm going to measure the length of my stride while I'm being dragged by Pongo. Our local tracks are pretty muddy so I should be able to see my prints. I would guess that when he takes off and I'm behind him I'm covering about 3 yards with every step. (While screaming.) This lasts until I let go or fall over (did I mention that our local tracks are pretty muddy?)

Granca, Dexter, Emily and 3 others like this.
  11. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

Ha, my 7yo, 75-lb dog pulled me flat to the ground when he took off after a cat. I didn't see the kitty, so I had no idea what was coming!

Anne123 likes this.
  12. Pilatelover

This is how I sometimes look (plus wrinkles) after a walk in the country with Mabel. :chuckle:
    image.jpeg

Dexter, DebzC, Samantha Jones and 6 others like this.
  13. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

Finn did that last week....we have new neighbors with...exactly:cats!!!! He broke his toe nail. Bloody mess in the hallway. Pool of blood wherever he sat. Eventually the bleeding stopped, but two days later went to the groomers to have the nail cut

14. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

Thank you for your condolences - he had a good life (was well-loved) and left this world with dignity and kindness...I can only hope we're all so fortunate when our time comes.

Yes, I'm very excited about the new puppy - he's from a wonderful and caring breeder, and I know my new boy will be getting the best start in life possible. I can't recall which contributor penned the term "a sad state of Lablessness", but I couldn't agree more - that's how I'm feeling right now.

15. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I wish I looked that good after a walk with my two :)

DebzC, Pilatelover and Samantha Jones like this.
  16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I think it was @JulieT's dad that came up with it, if I'm not mistaken? It's very fitting :)

Dexter likes this.
  17. Pilatelover

@Chococheer sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved boy and congratulations on the forthcoming puppy. When we lost our boy we just couldn't settle until his ashes were buried in the garden, we thought "he's back now where he belongs". He's been over the rainbow bridge 3 years now and would have been 8 last week. We still think of him everyday, having another dog fills that crazy muddy gap that some people just need in their lives. Looking forward to you puppy pictures :heart:

18. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

@Chococheer - sorry about the loss of your sweet boy. I'm glad he had a good life. Congrats on the soon-to-arrive puppy. Very exciting times. @Pilatelover - sorry about yours, too - so young!

Pilatelover likes this.
  19. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Pilatelover likes this.
  20. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

I was gardening yesterday and Libby went so quiet. I came rushing indoors to find out what trouble she was up to....it was this:

[​IMG]
    :heart: