Decisions re Spero

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Naya, May 3, 2015.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Decisions re Spero

Sorry to hear you are poorly and off work. :(

But great work with Spero! That sounds just the ticket. And yes, exposure to the wide world a bit at a time sounds very sensible. :)

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Everything you're doing will help Spero settle into a new home when one comes along, so a (gentle!) pat on the back for you. :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

This is good to hear.
    Slowly does it by the sound of it.

Really sorry to hear your back is so bad. I hope you get some relief from it :(

4. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I really admire the work you are doing with Spero.

It will make so much difference to how well he gets on in the future.

Sorry your back is bad. My husband has problems so I appreciate how it can drag you down.

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

A lovely couple came and met Spero today and fell in love with him . As long as the home check goes well he will moving over the next week. The good news is that they live in a Bristol and I asked if they could send me photos/updates from time to time. They were more than happy to do this and have asked me if we could meet up with the dogs to take them for walks etc together. I am so happy about this . It has been a challenging few weeks, but I will admit I have fallen for him and know it will be hard to let him go, but I know its the best thing for all of us. I had to type up lots about Spero, likes, dislikes, enjoys, challenges, fears etc, and writing it made me realise how far he has come over the past few weeks. It has been a pleasure (mostly )
    Thank you so much for all of your support on here . You have all been so supportive and I really appreciate it.

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

This is very good news Ternaya (I know....good and bad)
    You have really helped Spero, and it is lovely to know that this couple are happy to keep links with you.
    Fingers crossed all goes well xxx

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Really good news Naya, you have achieved so much with him. It was lovely popping in to see him today and get a cuddle, he looked so relaxed and at home, it will be wrench to let him go.

8. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That sounds like a very happy solution for Spero. They obviously realise how much work you've put into helping him adjust to a happy home life, so it's lovely that you'll be able to keep in touch. Hope it all goes well and look forward to hearing more.

9. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Good news. Hope it all goes through OK.

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Aw, great news Ternaya. I'm sure it will be hard letting him go, but how lovely that you'll be able to see him from time to time :)

11. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

You have done a great job,it's so nice to know that you will have contact with him when he has left you.
    Maybe his new family may even come and join us on here,that would be really nice.He is a very special dog and I think he has taken a little piece of all our hearts.I hope you are not feeling so sore and lulled about too? X

12. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Fingers crossed all goes well with the home check. You've done a great job with Spero and it will be wonderful if you can stay in contact with him and see his progress. You've played such an important role in his rehabilitation from kennels to a home.

13. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Im glad Spero might be going to a home near you so you can keep in touch with his progress. I bet all the information you are able to give about Spero will really help them and him to settle in. He has certainly come a long way in a short time thanks to you. You should feel very proud with what you have achieved with Spero and that these people (hopefully) are getting a lovely dog thanks to you. Fingers crossed it all goes well.