Dougal - our foster dog now available for adoption

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Beanwood, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Dougal has been with us for 3 weeks, and now he is available for adoption :)

Here is the link..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.937948852893436.1073742169.395268360494824&type=3

nb: his weight is now around 35.5kg, not over 40kgs, he is certainly not at all fat, just a very well built and strong labrador.

One of the photos is actually of Casper, he has a habit of sneaking in there! Wonder if anyone can guess which one? :)

If would be great if members could share, a really, really super dog that we just can't fault :)

2. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Ah what a lovely boy and a great name! I hope he finds the right home soon (maybe yours? ;))

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh Kate, he is gorgeous , if circumstances at home were a little easier , I would be tempted, he sounds so lovely x

4. Beanwood

He is smashing, however, he was always just going to be a foster. Hubby is in between assignments so we have the extra time to help out. Fostering has been a really interesting experience, and critical I think in ensuring that we had time to really see what Dougal was like, and recognise any potential input that he may have needed from a dog behaviourist. :)
    Saying that it is going to be a real wrench to see him go...

5. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

If I had room I would have him in a heartbeat. I would even keep his name, I love it. I'm sure some lucky person will take him into their homes and their hearts. He really is a stunning big labrador.

6. Beanwood

Oh yes....I am going to insist that the lucky person who takes on Dougal keeps his name, he really, really is a Dougal...:) :)

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Wishing Dougal the very best of luck. I shared it to LUKOS on FB if anyone is aware of that group (Labrador UK Owners Society)
    No idea which photo is the rogue one! Just lots of lovely doggy pictures.

8. Jen

Jen Registered Users

I hope Dougal finds a lovely home. He is a beautiful dog and you do a wonderful job fostering Kate. I hope which ever home is lucky enough to take him they can keep in touch with you and let you know of his progress. It must be very rewarding knowing you've helped him on his journey.

9. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Great photos and report - hopefully he'll be snapped up (or even have a choice, he looks like a great dog and hope he finds a wonderful home).

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

He looks super! Good luck, Dougal

11. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I hope he settles into a happy and loving forever home,he sounds a great dog .It would be great if his new family came to join us on the Forum so we could hear how he is doing.I know you will let us know when he's adopted Kate,well done to you both and Benson and Casper too x

12. Beanwood

Great idea! I really hope they do join the forum, would be lovely to hear from them, and see how he is getting on.:)

Not sure if Casper is entirely happy with Dougal...just tolerates him really.

This morning Casper asked if he could buy some tennis balls, and glue for Dougal...how sweet I replied...no..he wants to glue the tennis balls to a railway line....:rolleyes:

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Just as well I'm in France otherwise Juno would have a companion :D. I think he's absolutely gorgeous; he reminds of Juno's dad who is also a big black boy and very handsome.

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aww Casper.....I am sure you don't mean that!

15. Beanwood

Oh he did...Casper has also asked for a velcro hat..so he can stick tennis balls on his head....get Dougal to chase him in the woods, and leave him there......:)

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Casper not into sharing his furever paradise home with another rescue? Well, can't blame him really....:)

17. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Oh Casper that is a bit mean. You are only having to share your Hoomans with Dougal for a little while until he finds his own :D

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Bless that dog :)
    You are a lucky boy Casper.
    Fingers crossed you get rid of him (to somewhere nice!) very soon :)

19. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Casper! You are a sort! X

20. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Somebody will be very lucky, he looks lovely. Will you tell the adopters about this site?