Final Countdown

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Charlie_2013, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Charlie_2013

Charlie_2013 Registered Users

Good Morning all, I hope everyone is fit & well.

Sorry for not contributing much over the passed couple of weeks but i had to keep
    a low profile...the excitement was just to much!! ;)

5 days until the big day & i can't wait. Nearly everything is in place just a few bits & bobs to sort
    & then that's me ready (well for Charlie to come home)!!

The whole family are excited as well (even though he is mine) I've got an endless supply of puppy sitters as well. For me
    it's so nice to have everyone's support & backing ;D We'll see how many drop out when it's pouring with rain or snowing!!!

I had a good result last night. After endless days & nights at searching the internet for gun dog stuff i stumbled across one. Now I am a great believer in fate...like Charliie I was meant to have him. Anyway this site I noticed had the same area code & when i looked it's a 10 minute drive from my house. The Company are heavily involved in GD's so i think Myself & Charlie are going to have a great time talking to these guys & of course spending money ;D. http://www.workingdogcompany.co.uk/index.php If anyone has had involvement or knows the people would you be so kind to give me a bit of feedback Cheers.

Well that's me for now. Have a great day everyone....Cheers Dave ;D

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Final Countdown

Only 5 days!!!! Woohoo!!!

Great that you found a good local supplier of gun dog stuff :)

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I've ordered some stuff from them online before and I can't fault their service :) I sometimes use their rugby ball shaped dummies.

Sooo excited for your new arrival, 5 days is going to seem like forever!!

4. Charlie_2013

5 days is nothing really ( he says) although i keep getting butterflies in my stomach now. I've seen Charlie since he was a week old, Now that's been torture :D Thanks for the feedback. From what i have seen & read they will be a great asset to me. I posted something on their facebook page very late last night & they replied very quickly. Not bad considering they are on holiday!!!

Cheers

Dave

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hi Dave , I can almost feel your excitement, so close now, but dont these final days drag !

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh Dave only 5 more days until we can welcome another Charlie to the forum, I think we should call them a
    'calamity of Charlie's' ;D ;D Helen x

7. Charlie_2013

Katie it's not just the final days that drag it's been the whole 8 weeks :p & Helen love the Calamity of Charlies lol x

8. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

Oh, I remember it well..We were all set up and ready for Alfie and Harry when they arrived. I spent the last few days before they came home, re-arranging play pens, and putting different toys in there. Swapped the blankets round every day for a week or so. I know that feeling of excitement.

None of that with Charlie. We were out doing the 'big shop' one weekend, and came back with tiny Charlotte in my arms! So she slept with Harry in his basket, until I could get set up.

Sleep now Dave, whilst you can. You think everyone is joking, but you'll look back and remeber lie ins fondly....

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Yep......don't all start gloating about your 6 am lie ins again!

Dave ,next to Simba and Lisa's reunion,Charlies arrival is the next exciting doggie news I am waiting for....

We had to wait for 4 months for Dexter,he couldn't be imported until then....I didn't sleep the whole night that Dexter was on the plane......I kept following his AWB number.....all it said was that he was 'in-flight' That one night felt like another 4 months I can tell you .

You are going to absolutely love having him.....and so is a lot of other people by the sounds of it ....hope,the time passes quickly
    Bye for now

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I must have rearranged Charlie's pen 10 times - where was the best place for the water bowl? Pen next to the radiator or as far from it as possible? Bed and carry crate or just bed? Soft toy in his bed for when he arrived, or given to him later?

Of course, he didn't give a fig which end of the pen had his water bowl - he still flipped it up and soaked his newspapers, bed, stuffed duck and himself in a second.

Ah - I remember, the day of the mop. Day 3 I think it was. Every water bowl tipped up. Started with a bigger plastic one, then a metal one, then a souffle dish. I worked my way up to a heavy cast iron cook pot. He still has that now. His toilet training wasn't going so well either that day... I might have cried a bit.

11. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Oh its going to be fun Dave, Ive loved having Otis despite the stressy bits and being a bit tired. Im so naughty Otis slept on my bed last night, slept all through the night, I did too, best night ever ! He is now nearly five months old, it goes so quickly, enjoy it while you can, good luck ! Maggiex

12. Dexter

Maggie I would love to have Dex on the bed more than anything .....but we agreed to only have him downstairs.....I haven't had a lie in since March ;D.....

13. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Go on Angela you know you want to, Dexter will sleep till the cows come home if he's comfy on your bed!! ;) H x

14. Dexter

;) watch this space.......

15. Charlie_2013

Thanks guys loved reading your posts it has made me chuckle..not the lack of sleep bit though!! Mind you i think Charlie will be in for a shock as i get up at stupid hours to go to work
    so there will be plenty of pay back times ;D Despite all the woes i think I'm gonna enjoy it ;D stroll on Tuesday that's all i can say ;D ;D

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Excited. ....... ;D

17. Oberon

[quote author=charlie link=topic=2329.msg22184#msg22184 date=1377185196]
    Go on Angela you know you want to, Dexter will sleep till the cows come home if he's comfy on your bed!! ;) H x
    [/quote]
    X2!!! That's the secret to lie-ins here - dog snoozing on the bed in the mornings.

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Definitely agree with that.
    Zzzzzz....

19. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

These days will go quickly....and then, puppy time!!! Excited with you!!! ;D

20. Oberon

I have to tell you, Dave, that, because of you, I have had 'The Final Countdown' by Europe stuck in my head for the last 24 hours. You don't really have to apologise, because it's a good song, but, to be honest, I'm a bit over it at this point.