Good nights sleep!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Jyssica, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Rolo slept from 11:30pm until 3:30pm straight in his crate, no crying.
    Let him out at 3:30 for pee. Went right back down untill 7:15am.
    Really feeling proud of him. I hope it lasts. :celebrate:

He is coming into the lounge more often now - he got brave and tried to tackle the stairs... I am going to purchase a baby gate!!

I cant get ready in peace of a morning until my OH gets up so i think a baby gate will be convenient all round.

Going to try the bitter apple spray tonight. as he keeps going for the door. The breeder told me to rub lemon juice on things you don't want him to chew? Has anyone heard of this?

At the vets for a check up tonight after his itchy period, seems to have died down fingers crossed?

Hopefully i can book his vaccinations in cant wait to walk him, proud as punch! :pull:

MF and Joy like this.
  2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hurrah - such a great feeling :happyfeet:

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Probably, as everything else, depends on the dog. Shadow would chase a lemon all day, given the chance, and isn't the least put off when it squirts him. It just adds to the challenge :)

Baby gates are definitely the way forward if you can use them. Our place is too open plan for them, so we had old doors laying across openings for a while! Next pup, I'm buying a puppy pen! :D

4. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

We used a baby gate and it was so helpful that I wish we had gotten it sooner (we didn't get it right away) - used it to create a "pen", used for short time outs instead of crate and in general kept her safe from escaping out the front door.

Quinn liked bitter apple spray and would 100% lick/chew the taste of lemon. Every dog is different though, so no harm trying.