Great agility last night!

Discussion in 'Agility & Flyball' started by stace84, Jan 13, 2016.

1. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

so after an 8 week break (due to spaying and xmas) we trundled back off to agility. my normal trainer was sick, so we had another lady who ive never seen before. she competed high up in agility and does alot for the sport so i can gather. i told her we had only been doing it since april plus our time off so we were a bit rusty.
    we started off with 3 in a row, tunnel into a left turn, jump, left turn jump, a right hand tunnel and 3 snake jumps. we had only ever done snakes twice, and they were at a slight angle to help. needless to say grace was brilliant, and took it like a pro, just me that let her down a bit with my confusing arm signals!!

anyway, at the end of the class, the lady came up to me and told me she was the "perfect" agility dog, and that its not very often she sees a dog constantly taking on and looking for the next challenge without being told. she said shes very bright and very fast and once it all comes together we will be a brilliant team.

it was so nice to hear an opinion of us both from someone who has never seen her before, and gave me extra confidence to keep going and carry on what we are doing! im so proud of my big black slobberer!

2. JulieT

JulieT Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Ah, that's really great! :)

3. Naya

Naya Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's fantastic And what a confidence booster
    We do agility too, but only started at the back end of last year. Unfortunately due to Xmas and a dew claw injury we haven't been for 6 weeks. I can't wait to go back and learn more. Harley loves it too

4. Beanwood

Beanwood Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's a lovely compliment from someone so experienced. A testament to all your training though, you obviously have created a super bond between you and Grace :)

5. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

she did say we have a great bond as she works really well for me. its so good, i love it and so does she, i did apologize once or twice for being a bit stupid with my arm commands but she said its not being stupid, its just learning. which made me feel a lot better, its so rewarding :)

6. Karen

Karen Moderator Forum Supporter

So nice to read this post, well done you!! It's fantastic when you and your dog start to work well as a team, isn't it? Such a great feeling.

7. Oberon

Oberon Moderator Forum Supporter

How wonderful! You must've felt very excited and proud to hear that. You have done a terrific job with your training to have brought out the best in your dog.

8. Oberon

Oberon Moderator Forum Supporter

That's wonderful! You must've felt so proud. You have done a great job with your training to have brought out the best in your dog.

9. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

thanks guys, i felt so proud when she said that to me, makes all the doubt go away and gives you such a confidence boost!

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

Lovely to hear. More videos would be great if you can manage sometime :)

11. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's brilliant and such a confidence boost too. A great big well done to you both from me and Dexter.

12. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

im gonna drag my mum along soon and make her video us! :)

13. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

What a lovely compliment and confidence boost ,well done to you both,would be lovely to see a vid of you both in action x