Happy New Year & Thank You To Our Moderators!

Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Dec 31, 2016.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

I can’t quite believe that 2016 is almost over! I hope it has been a good year for you and your families. There have been some changes in our little community, but overall 2016 has been a good year for the forum.

In January we welcomed 15,000 visitors to the site, and in December, that number has more than doubled to over 35,000. Quite a few of those visitors have stuck around and become members and we are delighted to have you along!

The software changes we have had to make this last year have been a big success, and I hope you’ll agree the forum is now much easier to use than the old Vbulletin board.

There are more changes planned for 2017 as Google is now rolling out a gradual enforcement of https or ‘secure’ web pages. Because forums have a password system these will be some of the first sites to be affected by the new regulations.

All these changes are expensive so I particularly wanted to say a really big thank you to those who have become forum supporters. It is a valuable contribution towards the running costs and development of the forum and it is much appreciated.

Last but not least I just want to say a really big thank you to our forum moderators who do such sterling work keeping on top of spammers and smoothing out any troubles as they arise. They do this on an entirely voluntary basis, and we couldn’t manage without them.

We’ll be adding to the team in the New Year and some of you will be receiving an invitation to join us soon

I hope you enjoy the celebrations this evening, and send you all my warmest wishes for a very Happy New Year

xxx Pippa

charlie, FoxyLady, Granca and 5 others like this.
  2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Thanks Pippa to you too.The Forum is such a wonderful resource for so many people and the tone is set from the top,you.
    Best Wishes to everybody for 2017 ,looking forward to lots more news ,discussion and information sharing between our great Forum Community
    Angela x

Granca, drjs@5 and pippa@labforumHQ like this.
  3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Happy New Year. I do feel the forum is a life saver, not only to the humans but the dogs as well, I am sure many would have been rehomed without the support and very good advice given by so many.

Granca, drjs@5, Dexter and 1 other person like this.
  4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Happy New a Year to you Pippa and all of the moderators who make the forum friendly, informative, but most of all supportive. It's fantastic to be part of such a fantastic group of people who are passionate about their dogs :)

Granca, drjs@5, Dexter and 1 other person like this.
  5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

A Very Happy New Year to everyone!

I love this forum, though post a lot less now there are more people around. Still an active watcher though :D
    I think what is great (as a moderator for sure) is that there is a process where new people who initially come looking for advice, find themselves a few months down the line being advisers themselves.

In my job in medicine, there was always a "See One, Do One, Teach One" approach when I was in my early years.
    I think that is exactly what happens here.

Well done and congratulations to everyone on this forum that makes it a fun and supportive place.
    Wishing Health Happiness and Peace for everyone in 2017 xx
    :hug:

Granca, Naya, Dexter and 1 other person like this.
  6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Happy New Year and many, many thanks xxxxx

I love the forum and the site - they are my 'go to' online places.

:happyfeet:

Granca, drjs@5, Naya and 2 others like this.
  7. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

This forum is my online home! Full of lovely, kind, funny people who will always help me when I need it, offer a shoulder to cry on in the bad times, let me vent when venting is necessary (!) and laugh with me every day about our lovely pups.
    Thank you for creating this space for Pongo and me to have such a happy time - and have a great Hogmanay, everyone!

8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Happy New year!

As I sat by the river this evening having a cuddle with Ella, I felt so thankful for this forum and those that introduced me to the world of positive training. Ella and I will be forever grateful :)

Cath, Granca, drjs@5 and 4 others like this.
  9. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Happy New Year!

I'm very glad to have found this space and some very special people. I came in wanting to know about Labradors and I continue to learn something new here almost every day. And I'm very grateful that I'm able to share good memories of my past pups, especially Brogan, despite there not being a Lab among them.

I'd still rather avoid Facebook like the plague, but I'm definitely addicted to the Forum, which is a kinder, gentler and infinitely more interesting place. Many heartfelt thanks to Pippa and the moderators! :clap:

10. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Thank you, Pippa, and all you moderators! This Forum has saved my sanity so many times, I have lost count! Cooper is my first dog......and I am so close to 80 it's scary because I feel 30!
    So Cooper thanks you and I thank you. I go into the Forum several times a day....there is ALWAYS something happening! And all the advice is great. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Granca, drjs@5, Naya and 1 other person like this.
  11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Happy new year to one and all! This will be the first in many years where I don't see the new year in - unless pup has other ideas!

Granca, drjs@5 and Naya like this.
  12. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Yes, wonderful forum, hugely helpful and kind, happy new year to all from me and Molly x

13. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Thank you to the forum getting me through my first year with Devil Dog!

Me and Stanley will be forever grateful for all your help and support this past six months.

Happy New Year Everyone :)

14. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Happy new year from us too. Thanks to Pippa & the Moderators for this wonderful space to exchange views, ideas, humour and most of all help. Coco & I are eternally grateful xx

Granca and drjs@5 like this.
  15. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Happy new year to all forum members from Holly and me, and thank you to Pippa and all the moderators.

Granca likes this.
  16. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Thank you and happy new year to everyone,

Granca likes this.
  17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Thanks for a great forum, Pippa. A very Happy New Year to everyone!

18. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Happy New Year Everyone and Thank you all for making this a wonderful forum

19. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Happy New Year everyone, I don't know what I would have done without you all :).

20. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Happy new year! And thank you to everyone!