Hattie's PAT work :)

Discussion in 'Labradors in Service' started by charlie, Feb 26, 2016.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Newbie Lab Owner likes this.
  2. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Such a lovely post. I'm so glad it all went well. It really is a worthwhile thing to do, enhancing lives of so many people. Hattie sounds an absolute star, especially not eating biscuits. Well done :). There is nothing wrong with being emotional, it just shows what a good kind person you are. X

charlie and Newbie Lab Owner like this.
  3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fantastic thing to do :) Did you make it back this Friday?

4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Yes Rachael we did as we have been asked to go every Friday as Hattie is their official PAT dog :). Glad to say I got to see the same people as last week and a few new ones too and all so pleased to see Hattie. We were especially happy to see the lady that lost her own dog, we tracked her down in the games room, she flung her arms open and had the biggest smile on her face and yelled "Hattie I'm so happy to see you", she told me she would never forget Hattie, totally wonderful :) We are both enjoying it so much, especially Hattie as the staff now have a jar of doggie biscuits just for her visits :) xx

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Oh Helen that's wonderful. You certainly brought a ray of sunshine into that lady's life if only for a short time, so bless you and Hattie xx

Newbie Lab Owner and charlie like this.
  6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I'm hoping this lady will be there next week as she's on the ward not the Hospice ward, thankfully. This lovely lady is a complete joy to talk to you know what I mean full of stories, Hattie is really drawn to her and lays down by her feet or sits right next to her :)

It's Hattie they want I'm just on the other end of the lead! :D

Thanks everyone Hattie & I appreciate your kind words and support xx :)

Newbie Lab Owner and Pilatelover like this.
  7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Not true at all Helen. The residents may love to see Hattie and fuss her and talk to her but it's you that talks and listens to them and make them feel special for a little while xx

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Thank you, I really hope so Rosemary :)

I find older people so interesting and mostly kind apart from the two grumpy men that shouted at me "excuse me, this is no b….y place for dogs" o_O the Nurse had err.. a quiet word with them. I am going to soften them up each week, I gave one of them a little smile so next week I am going to say "are you sure Hattie can't tempt you" can't imagine they can resist her for too long :D xx

Can't win 'em all! xx

9. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Hattie will soon have them wrapped around her little paw :D They'll be queuing up to feed her treats before you know it ;)

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Watch this space!! ;) x

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Maybe if Hattie took some biscuits in with her, it might soften them up.... ;)

Lovely to hear another instalment. Please do keep us updated, it's a lovely thing you're doing.

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I don't know these two gentlement were pretty GRUMPY! :D

Thanks so much @snowbunny will do. :)

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Suppose it could be that they are scared of dogs as well as being grumpy:) I shouldn't worry about them too much and just see how they are over the next few weeks, every one else is thrilled to see you and Hattie. If anyone can win them over it will be Hattie, in the mean time just don't worry about them :)

14. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Bless Hattie , what a wonderful and worthwhile job she is doing x

charlie likes this.
  15. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I don't think so as they said they like dogs it's just not the place for them :rolleyes: I will try to ignore them but it's pretty difficult when I can feel their eyes burning a hole in my back :eek: x

16. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I know what you mean about trying to ignore their stares but I expect if you're talking to other residents you will soon forget all about them. Grumpy old men. honestly they have to have something to complain about :)

charlie likes this.
  17. Jen

Jen Registered Users

I'm just catching up. Don't know how I missed your latest visit I've been waiting for an update. o_O

It sounds like they were all very happy to see you and hattie. The lady sounds lovely. I bet you made her day when you went and found her. As for the grumpy old men I'm sure you and hattie can win them round. Get them chatting, ask what sort of dogs they've had. Once you get them talking I bet you can't get away and I'd put money on Hattie getting a gentle pat on the head. ;)

charlie likes this.
  18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

As promised some photo's of Hattie and I in our PAT uniforms!! Now I shall go and hide under the duvet as I take the worst photo EVER :p :D xx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hattie and I ready to go to work at the Hospice :) xx

Emily, MaccieD, Dexter and 5 others like this.
  19. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great photos - and what excellent work you are both doing!

If any of my pups are withdrawn I will definitely look into this kind of work for them :)

drjs@5 and charlie like this.
  20. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Ah, lovely! Thanks for sharing, you both look fabulous :)

charlie likes this.