Hello to All

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by PawPrints, Jun 15, 2016.

1. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

Hi there, I am new to the site and wanted to say hello. I currently have an 8 yr old yellow labd and we are in the process of looking to add another puppy to our family. I look forward to being a part of the discussion here and make some friends with other Lab lovers.
    ~Amanda

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here :)

Would you get another yellow one or a different colour?

3. PawPrints

Thank you for the welcome :)

I really love yellow labs but I would be open another color too. My son is torn between yellow and chocolate

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Amanda - welcome to the forum.
    Where abouts are you based? We are in Scotland.
    jac and Lilly

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and nearly 3 year old girl, Harley :)

PawPrints likes this.
  6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum from me and my two, Willow and Shadow, in Andorra.
    What is the name of your current Lab? Are you looking for a boy or girl? Have you started looking yet?

We love pictures, so please feel free to share any you have :)

7. PawPrints

Hi, thank you for the welcome. I am in the USA. Looks like the world is well represented on this site.

8. PawPrints

Hello, thank you for the reply. Willow and Shadow are great names. My current Lab's name is Jake. I think the new pup will be a boy too.
    We have started looking and just getting into the process.

9. PawPrints

Hello to you and Harley :) I appreciate the warm welcomes

10. Millieboo

Millieboo Registered Users

Hello and welcome from Millie and I , pa USA :p

PawPrints likes this.
  11. PawPrints

Hi to you and Millie, thank you. I hope you are having a great night : )

12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum Amanda, from, Fred 2, Annie 6mths and me.

13. Millieboo

Yes thank you I had a super great night, I got some sleep for once! The struggle with having a 2 year old that starts to fight to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed. The problem to fall asleep early is that I wake up early, so now at 4am I'm in the sofa with Millie snoring at my feet.
    how old is your son? I don't know how it is for Choc labs, but if you live warm you might want to consider that the Choc might not handle heat as good as a yellow. Millie is black though so I got no experience with choc, but what I noticed with her is that if it is a bit humid out and sunny she is NOT playing and want to head in. Usually have one bigger pool out for my daughter and her old baby pool for Millie now :p

PawPrints likes this.
  14. snowbunny

Jake is a fine name. My dogs' father is called Jake :)

PawPrints likes this.
  15. snowbunny

Strangely, my black girl handles the heat far better than her yellow brother :)

16. Millieboo

Oh really? thats funny though. Has it always been like that? Maybe Millie just have to get used to the climate here I don't know :s she's all happy when she gets to cool off in the pool though that's for sure.

17. snowbunny

Well, they're not quite 2 yet, so they've not been through too much hot weather. Last summer, we stayed in Andorra with them mostly, which does get hot, but because of the high altitude, is always quite fresh with very low humidity. There are also loads of mountain springs, streams and lakes to have a cool off in. This year, we've bought a farm in Spain, so we're spending a lot more time down there and the heat is very different. It's not actually any hotter than they've previously experienced, but there is higher humidity which certainly affects them more, so they spend the day chilling out in the shade or in the house. Willow (black) will spend a lot more time in the sun, though. She loves laying in it, soaking up the rays, when Shadow (yellow) takes himself back to the cool tiles.

18. Millieboo

Ah Spain, spent a summer there few years ago. And their humidity is nothing like here :( It's one thing I miss from Sweden, the fresh air. When it's 92 percent humidity out Millie won't go out the door. So far I had to carry her out to her 2 spots when it's that bad so she don't do her business in. Also weird but she hates when it rains. I'm sorry I didn't mean to take over this thread of Amanda's .

19. PawPrints

Oh getting sleep is always happy times. I remember the nights of getting repeatedly woken up and my son wanting to come in my bed. The sleep deprevation was the toughest part to adjust to becoming a mom. My son will be 7 in 2 weeks. Thanks for the thoughts on having a darker colored Lab. I didnt really think about it but it makes sense. I remember our black lab as a kid always had a hot coat in the summer time. Millie is lucky to have a little wading pool. Jake loves the pool and we also spend a lot of time with the sprinklers going for cooling off on hot days.

20. PawPrints

Thank you, Jake just seems to be a good fit for him :)