Help. Should I buy a trained dog or a puppy - working GSD

Discussion in 'Working Trials' started by suejoh, Jun 2, 2015.

1. nice box

nice box Registered Users

I think train the do by yourself can be good,others trained will be not good

2. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Really interesting discussion! For me, if your question was should you get a rescue at 6 months vs a puppy from a good breeder, I think that would be harder. But if you like training and this six month old is not a rescue (which she's not), I think I'd try to hold out to find a puppy and work with her "from scratch". On the other hand, choosing a dog can't be all about the science, there's also the heart. If you met this dog and she was "the one", then I'd say missing that first six months pales in comparison to finding a wonderful dog who fits you to a "T". In that case, I'd leap at the chance. How's that for having a wishy-washy opinion? o_O

So I guess if you don't want to risk falling in love, you are right - you'll have to not go see her. Be strong! But if you crack, then I'll say "Congratulations and post pictures of your new girl!" :p

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I love hearing that you cracked Dexter's initial shell and that he's a great cuddler now. :clap: