Hey From Essex

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by NickSX, Dec 31, 2016.

1. NickSX

NickSX Registered Users

Hi All

We are a family from essex. We do not have lab in the family yet but are hoping to very soon.

As a part of our preparation we have signed up to get some information and tips.

We are also looking for UK breeders that are expecting a litter of chocopate labs in the coming weeks.

We will be ready to welcome a little one into our home around early March.

Thanks

Nick and Fi

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome to the forum!
    We are first time dog owners, and Lilly is now 6.5 yrs old. Its a steep learning curve.
    How are you going with your search?

jac

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome to you and your family. I can highly recommend reading the Happy Puppy book as shown on the side of this page. Do you have children? If you do, it would be good to do some training with them before pup arrives as pups can be a bit bitey/scratchy for a few weeks.
    Look forward to hearing about your journey :)

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hi there and Welcome to the Forum.Im so glad you've found us and chosen to join ,there is a lot of help and advice within the boards.Dexter is my first dog,he is 4 now and Jacqui is right,it was a steep learning curve....I'm still learning all the time now.Good luck with your search,I hope you don't have to wait too long to find the right breeder and your new puppy
    Best Wishes
    Angela

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome Nick and Fi to the forum from Fred, Annie and me here is Cheshire.
    Yes, I would get a copy of the Happy Puppy book too, like Naya said it is a wonderful book.

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Nick and Fi, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search for a puppy and keep us posted with your progress.

7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Happy hunting and happy New year from me and my 2 labs Rory and Moo

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you from Mags, Tatze and Mollie :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab three years old. Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab and she's thirteen weeks old.

9. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hello Nick & Fi from rescue dog Coco & me on the Isle of Man. Good luck in your puppy search - look forward to hearing all about him/her when the time comes.

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum from another Fi :)

I have three Labs - Willow is a black girl, Shadow is a yellow boy - both 2 years of age, and a new puppy Luna who is a choccy and just coming up to ten weeks.

Here's an article on finding a good breeder: http://www.thelabradorsite.com/labrador-breeders-how-to-find-a-good-one/
    I'd add the ChampDogs website to the list of places where it's worth looking.

Here's an article on buying a puppy: http://www.thelabradorsite.com/8-steps-to-buying-a-healthy-labrador-puppy/

And, most importantly, an article about health screening: http://www.thelabradorsite.com/health-screening-for-labrador-diseases/

I would also encourage you to read through this thread - not to put you off, but to give you a realistic idea of what to expect! http://thelabradorforum.com/threads/puppy-problems-will-things-ever-improve.1680/

Good luck, and do keep in touch.

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome Nick and Fi from me, Hattie 9 years and our rescue boy Charlie 6 years in Hampshire. Good luck with your search. x :)

12. NickSX

NickSX Registered Users

Hey all and thank you for all the warm welcomes.
    We are keeping ourselves busy with alot of reading and research whilst getting in contact with Breeders.
    With have a 4 year old daughter, so will take up the tip on some training with her prior to the new arrival.
    We are all soo excited now we have decided on the breed.
    We're in no hurry to find the right breeder and litter for us.
    We will keep you updated on our progress!

N n F

13. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Registered Users

Did you ever take the plunge???