Hi from a soon-to-be new owner...

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by AnnaBanana, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Re: Hi from a soon-to-be new owner...

Congratulations! Enjoy the preparation; it's very exciting! :) :)

2. TinaM

TinaM Registered Users

Hello from me and Isis. Such a cute pup. I remember how excited I was last year at this time! My coworkers were tired of hearing about it I'm sure. Oh well, we do love our dogs! Looking forward to more photos.

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me and my black girl Lilly.
    I didn't meet Lilly until she was 11 weeks. Your pup is a gorgeous wee bundle.
    Good luck!

Jac

4. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello and welcome. She looks lovely! Perhaps the breeder can send photos to update tou before the next visit. Meanwhile, enjoy all the preparations! :D

5. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=AnnaBanana link=topic=10128.msg148345#msg148345 date=1425919366]... Sorry they're so massive, I'm not sure how to sort that :S ... [/quote]

If I spot any that necessitate using scroll bars then I'll shrink them but I think yours, though big, is acceptable as it is. If you'd like to re-size future pics you can either use BBcode within the Img tag ([img width={width} height={height} ...]) or use a program (there are plenty of free ones about) to shrink the picture before you post it.

Lovely pup by the way ;)

6. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana Registered Users

Thanks everyone :)
    Puppy now has a name - we're going to call her Lola, after going through hundreds of options, we're back to one of the first we thought of ::)
    We're going to visit her again on Saturday and we've been emailed a few photos from the last couple of days, apparently the pups are now all running around and playing with each other. I can't wait to see how much she's changed!
    I told one of my (adult) pupils yesterday that we're getting a puppy, just to check she didn't have any allergies (not that the puppy will be anywhere near the music room) and she told me that she wasn't allergic to dogs, but was allergic to work when there was a puppy around, hehe! I'm wondering how well meeting the puppy could work to bribe my pupils to practice more... hmm! :p

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D
    Go for it!

8. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Welcome to you and Lola! I love the name...it was on our "short list"

I'm Heidi - one of a minority of Americans here, and I have a 6 month milk chocolate girl named Bella.

9. AnnaBanana

We went to see Lola again yesterday, she's now about double the size she was. They'd just eaten when we arrived so we had some very sleepy snuggly cuddles to start with :D and then she livened up a bit after a nap on various humans :p
    We also got to choose her pedigree name with the breeder, which (as long as it's accepted) will be Nightingale Lola Rosa - Her mum is Miss Lapwing and her dad I can't remember, but it has something to do with night, so Nightingale references both of those, obviously Lola is her pet name, then Rosa is another name we were considering for her and is also one of my favourite Ceilidh dances (gorgeous waltz), plus her mum's pet name is Rosie.
    We won't get to see her again now until we pick her up, but the breeder has said she'll send us weekly photos :)

[img width=750]https://0z0vbg-ch3301.files.1drv.com/y2p3O9LBZ8VmQz7YlxYtssqC_QUO7Hj8YCoO3rmtQr4E2_i_232Gd5ox-USW2dkN_zZ8RVXX2kOo91l7oQ-dY8z2fW9vdkz9WsRcstfbgMiY3DfhCP_wrS0te29D4pUiU599eA0y0LCgi0D8nh4tOjlgg/WP_20150321_15_34_24_Pro.jpg[/img]

[img width=500]https://0z0vbg-ch3301.files.1drv.com/y2plDFaoyrhEt7qGNWkjCVMnsmyV9CFRD5_0g-gShYlbVnbngwK-dBpaZbWnVeHBpHXtXR251VFnshRnmbnsc2GBfZTpmm35DpBfkVF4ByzXT7YGLnhJddCzGJkC4sTobP5X19wg12rR_M7yFLCWr3mjQ/WP_20150321_003.jpg?psid=1[/img]

[img width=500]https://0z0vbg-ch3301.files.1drv.com/y2pE7EYclS19L2bzcidpmKiVSdeKmb8wIKJiUcyXkO6QHTJ2AjCiA5QrPr7e6LmSTBdV-98lpyIbW1hTOiqxE7x51AjJL3iPfzZbad65_CmJpYbJL-RoaNHRvSTlo9rJqBWWzOik-dwn_CMjuEDOVRrvg/WP_20150321_006.jpg?psid=1[/img]

10. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Hi Anna

How exciting and what a beautiful name for your puppy; unfortunately I can't see the photos :( but that might just be as I could see the eaier one with no problem. How long now until Lola comes home with you/

11. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I remember choosing Chepi's pedigree name but it's such a mouthful that I can't remember it! Lola's is very pretty. I can't see the photos either. Sorting out photos is a part of the forum's normal learning curve; just when I think I have it sussed, it fails again.

12. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Fantastic, I can seethe photos now. what a little cutie. Looks as if she may have hazel eyes- chocolate and hazel eyes looks so good together, but then I'm biased because of my girl ;D

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

She is really beautiful, the wait until she comes home will seem sooooo long.... :)

14. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

We didn't realise we were choosing Pongo's pedigree name til it was too late! Breeder phoned us and asked what we were going to call him; we said 'Pongo', but that we were messing about with the spelling of it..... just for a joke really...... and we spelled it down the phone for her and she didn't quite transcribe it perfectly.... Next thing we know, that is what is on his pedigree certificate!

And so his Kennel Club name is Shadowsquad Phongeuax.

15. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Gorgeous!

;D

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

She is beautiful.

Only Pongo....

17. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

She is an absolute sweetie! Bet you can't wait to get her home :D

18. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=10128.msg151214#msg151214 date=1427025207]

And so his Kennel Club name is Shadowsquad Phongeuax.
    [/quote]

Laughed out aloud when I read this! ;D ;D

19. AnnaBanana

Glad the photos work now, apparently making the photos public helps ::)

Rosie that's fantastic :D and even better that it was inadvertent :p

Yes Rosemary I think her eyes are looking a little hazel-y at this point. Just had a flick back to see some pictures of Juno, she's gorgeous, the choc/hazel combination does look good :) incidentally, Juno was a name I really liked for her when we were deciding.

We've got another four weeks til she comes home, though I'm away for a couple of them which I think is probably a blessing! And major sorting out to do in the house so that we have a relatively puppy-friendly kitchen, not to mention the garden, so plenty to keep us busy ;D

20. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I was lucky with Juno's breeder and was able to choose her name just after she was born - I had first choice of he girls when they were born. Here in France all pedigree cats and dogs born in a specific year are registered with names starting with a specific letter and 2014 was "J". As I didn't want to change her name (it causes confusion with vets with the dogs age etc.) Juno she became and was called by that name from a very young age by the breeder and her family. It's so nice when they recognise their name when they first come home although we had to pronounce Juno's with a French accent and use French commands. She's now bi-lingual pretty much unlike her owners ;)