How much does your puppy weigh?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rosie, May 14, 2014.

1. gad

gad Guest

Re: How much does your puppy weigh?

Agreed - as long as you can't see his ribs but be able to feel them - he's fine!

2. Meg13

Meg13 Registered Users

Haley was tiny when we got her at 8 weeks old, only 2.4kg!
    She is now almost 11 weeks and weighs 4.5kgs

3. buzzvishwanath

buzzvishwanath Registered Users

@Meg13 , I do not want to send u into a panic mode , But being 2.4 at 8 weeks would have worried me . Am sure u had a vet check when u got her . I am a newbie here as well , so i might be wrong .

Bruno is around 23 now , Hes 6 months old . His weight has slowed down since the last month or so , Else he used to gain 1 kg/week

4. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

[quote author=buzzvishwanath link=topic=5965.msg77753#msg77753 date=1400206513]
    @Meg13 , I do not want to send u into a panic mode , But being 2.4 at 8 weeks would have worried me . Am sure u had a vet check when u got her . I am a newbie here as well , so i might be wrong .

Bruno is around 23 now , Hes 6 months old . His weight has slowed down since the last month or so , Else he used to gain 1 kg/week
    [/quote]

It is possible for 2.4kg to be a healthy weight, if you've seen my earlier post you'll see that my lab was only 2.6kg when we got her at 8 weeks. She's always been tiny and has now reached her adult weight at 18.9kg and is not underweight.

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Thank you everyone for such brilliant responses! Being a sad sort of geek (although I'm not a statistician!), I've graphed all the results so far and there is a very clear, wide band of weights vs ages, with no real 'outliers' - my Pongo is at the moment at the top of the band (chunky boy!) and Penny and Haley at the bottom of the band (delicate darlings!) but all the dogs weights are fitting within a nice pattern of steady growth, no-one is wildly out of line ... if that makes sense?

If I can figure out the way to add pictures I'll put the graph up for anyone who is interested. Meanwhile if there are any other dog weights out there to add to it, post them up and I'll add them!

Rosie (you can tell I'm at a loose end today...)

6. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I'm interested Rosie :)

7. hd

hd Registered Users

[/quote]
    our E came home at 2.5kg. Id suggest that there's no reason to worry if she came from small dogs, was wormed appropriately and is perfectly well with a good healthy appetite.

shes now somewhere between 17 and 19kg and just turned one.

I got so many of these kinds of comments and spent far too long worrying about it. One woman online even told me that my vet was wrong and she couldn't be perfectly healthy as a labrador at that weight.and what do vets know.

That said, shes not easy to bulk up and getting her not to look ribby isnt easy but I dont like them overly skinny.

8. teapot57

teapot57 Registered Users

I'd be interested in the graph Rosie.

Jan

9. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

[quote author=hd link=topic=5965.msg77793#msg77793 date=1400228072]

[/quote]
    our E came home at 2.5kg. Id suggest that there's no reason to worry if she came from small dogs, was wormed appropriately and is perfectly well with a good healthy appetite.

shes now somewhere between 17 and 19kg and just turned one.

I got so many of these kinds of comments and spent far too long worrying about it. One woman online even told me that my vet was wrong and she couldn't be perfectly healthy as a labrador at that weight.and what do vets know.

That said, shes not easy to bulk up and getting her not to look ribby isnt easy but I dont like them overly skinny.
    [/quote]

See Penny is the opposite, she only has to have a handful extra and she'll start to put weight on. I have to be so careful as she's so tiny that any extra weight really shows!

10. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=5965.msg77789#msg77789 date=1400227030]
    If I can figure out the way to add pictures I'll put the graph up for anyone who is interested.
    [/quote]

Hi Rosie, I'd be very interested in seeing the graph :)

11. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I think the graph would be interesting to see too :)

12. NNorris13

NNorris13 Registered Users

I think people on here would be wondering what we were feeding Dexter if I told you his weight history :-[ :-\

Currently he is 35kg. He was at 37kg. He is one next month.

He's never looked 'fat'. There are some labradors by us and the only way to describe them are like barrels.

I keep in touch with Dexter's brothers regularly and they're about the same weight he is now and one is fed a raw diet, the other on different foods. The vet wants him to get down to around 32-33kg. He could possibly be less than 35kg now as that was about 4 weeks ago that he got weighed.

He is looking slimmer...but still as cuddly as ever!

13. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Cooper at 8 weeks old weighed 12 pounds 11 ounces (sorry, I'm in the USA).
    Hope this helps

14. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Nevis

8weeks 4kg
    10weeks 4.9kg
    12weeks 6.2kg
    20weeks 12kg
    24weeks 17.5kg
    28weeks 23kg

15. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Otis is on a raw diet, with a generous amount of treats. If he has ant excess or to many treats, he seems to just poo it all out ! At a year old he is a trim, 20.4 kg, he isnt ribby, has agood amount of exercise, so i think he is fine. Maggie x

16. Elaineh

Elaineh Registered Users

Took Nelson to the vets for his weigh in, flea stuff and wormer tablet (chewable this time - no problems). He is 17 weeks and weighs 16.5 kg. The vet is very pleased, not over or underweight. We feed him Burns on the recommendation of his dog trainer which suits him well.

17. Darren

Darren Registered Users

Max is from working lines and weighed 5.1kg at 8 weeks and was weighed last week at 10 weeks and was 7.7kg

18. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Am going to try to post a picture of the graph here... I've not been able to mark each point with the dog it belongs to, but if you can read the numbers on the 'weight' and 'age' axes you ought to be able to figure out where your lovelies are in the pattern...

19. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hrrumph. :mad: Well that didn't work. Trying again...

Nope. Sorry everyone...looks like I'm going to have to find out about using Flickr or similar, never done that before so this may take some time!

Rosie

20. buzzvishwanath

buzzvishwanath Registered Users

[/quote]

Sorry

@Meg13

Sorry if my post scared u , I didnt mean to do that .

Cheers
    Vish