How much does your puppy weigh?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rosie, May 14, 2014.

1. Somatic

Somatic Registered Users

Weighed Arnie today at 10 months. He's 33.25kg.

2. Somatic

Somatic Registered Users

Also, 57 cm at the withers

3. xxryu139xx

xxryu139xx Registered Users

Sparky is now 24 weeks (6 months) and 54 lbs!

4. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

After my vet friend's advice, Xena has been on increased rations for the past week. Two weeks ago she weighed 17.7 kg. Today, at almost 35 weeks/8 months she weighs 18.6 kg!

I think I'll continue to increase her kibble a little over the next week because I can still see her last two ribs when she's standing straight, but they're less pronounced than last week so that's great. Xena's coming for you Stanley @JenBainbridge :D

Beanwood likes this.
  5. Bastet

Bastet Registered Users

Loki is a 12 weeks old boy and weights 20 pounds ( 9 kg). :)

6. Aimee Lawrence

Aimee Lawrence Registered Users

Thor is 10.4kg at 14 weeks, having been 8kg at 12 weeks so even considering his issues with food the last few days seems to be around a kg a week which sounds fairly decent

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Popped into the vets today. Bramble turned 12 months old last week :). She now weighs 33.9 kgs. She did drop weight quickly last week, just by being on low fat adult food ( the boys kibble ran out of puppy food), Back on her usual puppy food now and looks much better. The nurse ( who also keeps labs ) thinks it won't harm to keep her on the puppy for a few months, as she need s the higher fat and protein content. I think she looks more in proportion now, she is much faster, and looks more fluid, so less paranoid about her growing bones! I honestly don't know where her weight goes, she is tall, but not overly tall!

8. xxryu139xx

Sparky is now 56.6 lbs at 25 Weeks! Not easy to carry him anymore, I'll need to bring him to the vets and use their scale from now on. Today he switches to 2 meals a day. I hope he won't miss his lunch as I've slowly decreased the amount the last 5 weeks.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Luna is 5.5kg at 8 weeks.

Beanwood likes this.
  10. Emily

Emily Registered Users

She's smaller than she looks then. Ella was 8kg at the same age :oops:

11. snowbunny

Really?! I'm actually quite surprised because she feels so heavy! But Willow was only half a kilo lighter. I think it's her stocky build that's deceiving.
    I'm taking Willow to the vet tomorrow, so Luna can come and get weighed again.

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Luna is exactly the same weight as Betsy when she came home, and I'd say that Betsy has a lighter build than Luna. The more substantial build of show lines doesn't translate to kgs. (Don't know how many times I find myself saying this.....:D:D:D). It's coat, and a bit more substance, it doesn't make them massively heavier dogs.

13. snowbunny

Obviously not, but she just seems so round :D :D :D

14. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

She does look it, alright! You wait until she moults that coat - you ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to Labradors moulting.

snowbunny likes this.
  15. snowbunny

Oh, joy :D
    I've been revelling in the face I can scratch and tickle her all I want and it doesn't budge. You're not telling me it doesn't stay that way forever? ;)

16. Emily

Emily Registered Users

To be honest, Ella was a little on the fat side when we got her. Luna probably looks more like Ella did at 6 weeks :cwl:

I think Luna looks beautiful. It will be interesting to see how she looks and grows in comparison to W&S. I guess that means we'll need to see lots of photos of the three of them over the coming months :nod:

snowbunny likes this.
  17. Ziggys mum

Ziggys mum Registered Users

Hi Ziggys sire is a very large do and Ziggys paws are enormous, at 16 weeks he is 18.4 kg some puppy fat but a lot of growing to do

18. Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang Registered Users

Kibs is 31KG @ 37 weeks

19. xxryu139xx

Sparky is 58.40 lbs at 26 weeks at the vet. Stopped weighing him now myself since he's too heavy to try to carry and hold still at the same time. Our puppy trainer said he looks a little overweight and his ribs can only be felt if you press down. She showed me her lab/golden mix and it was very easy to feel his ribs. Cutting back on his diet even more. He has grown in height now and starting to look lankier.

20. snowbunny

At ten weeks, Luna is 7.5kg. I'll see if I can get a height measurement later to update the other thread :)