I'm new to site and just wanted to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by ReneeS., Jun 19, 2016.

1. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Hello everyone,
    A month ago, we had to PTS our precious female chocolate lab Coco, she was almost 14 years old. Raised her from a pup and was the best dog in the world, at least in our world. It really left our hearts broken. She had really bad hip displasia and got to the point we had no other choice. She was so gentle natured and in her prime was goofy and a delight. Six years ago we discovered she had Addison's disease, almost lost her then but our very on the ball vet discovered it. Soon as she got on the medication, she snapped right back to herself except for her eating. Would not eat any kind of dog food whatsoever so I cooked her food for the last six years, chicken, liver, etc., and she ate great.
    We have a deposit on another chocolate.lab puppy which we will be getting in 7 to 8 weeks. The house isn't the same without one, not disrespecting Coco in thiis decision. She will always be with us.................

I wish I knew about this site long ago. Discovered it when I was searching info on chocolate lab pups.

Renee S.

Millieboo, Debs and drjs@5 like this.
  2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the forum. Where abouts do you live?
    Coco sounds like she was an amazing dog and she obviously had a fantastic life with yourself. Condolences on your loss of her.
    How exciting that you are getting a new pup though.......do you know if you are getting a boy or a girl? Any ideas on a name? I hope the new pup helps you move forward :)

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Renee and welcome from Hattie 8 years and Charlie our rescue boy 5 years. I am very, very sorry you have lost your precious Coco she sounds like a fantastic dog. I hope your new puppy brings you some comfort :) x

4. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if Coco was a wonderful, much-loved dog. It's always difficult to lose them, but they're never forgotten. Each new dog comes with its own character and is never a replacement but an addition to the family.

You must be looking forward to the new pup - do post lots of photos!

5. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Hello Naya,
    I live in St. John, IN in USA, about 45 minutes out of Chicago. Yes, Coco was amazing! It was a hard decision to let go, but I feel now she is out of pain and after crossing thre rainbow bridge she is running around with other dogs healthy and happy.
    We are getting a female pup. The pups are only about a week old now. Had my deposit in for last litter, but many were ahead of me with the breeder I chose, so I will patiently wait out the next seven weeks or so for present litter.

The pix is of my Coco.

I'm not 100% decided on name, but leaning towards Chloe or Bella. I have a few others in mind but I have to see the pup before I decide for sure.

Renee S.

Naya likes this.
  6. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you Charlie. I'm eagerly looking forward to new pup, but I have to admit I still break down and cry about Coco at times, feelings still too raw.

RRenee S.

7. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Hello Granca,
    Yes, Cocoo was very loved indeed. I will post pix of new one when she joins our family.

Renee S.

8. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Hi Renee and welcome, from our mad but adorable choc Benson, Casper 7 years black lab and Bramble black puppy just 6 months old :)

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hey hey, welcome to you from me and Tatze.

:)

10. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hello to you, sorry for the loss of your beloved Coco. Gradually the tears will be fewer, they never go though. Our dogs stay in our hearts for ever.
    You have a fun challenge ahead of you with a new pup - look forward to seeing the pictures.

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Renee! A warm welcome to the forum.
    Sorry for your loss of Coco.
    Your new pup will be a bit of a culture shock after losing Coco......you will probably wonder what you were thinking.....I am quite sure she will ultimately help you heal.
    Good luck x

Debs likes this.
  12. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you Beanwood for your warm welcome to this site. Wow, three of them. Do they all get along real well? I had considered getting two puppies but changed my mind, maybe my sanity would go LOL.

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry about the loss of your Coco. I'm sure it is very hard being without her.

She'd approve of you finding another dog to lavish the same attention on, I'm sure.

14. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, indeed it will be a challenge starting over with a new pup. Coco was a real challenge, high energy from the beginning. I have many souvenirs from Coco, two chewed chair rungs, ripped cushion on couch - had to put slip cover on it after that one, torn duvet cover on bed, luckily didn't get through to down feathers in cover, chewed up carpeting which we had to repair, and many chewed bushes. In yard. I have a six foot privacy fence surrounding my 1/2 acre yard.so plenty of room for new pup to run around.

drjs@5 likes this.
  15. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for your kind words. I'd like to think Coco would approve. It is so so so very hard being without her, my heart wound is still too fresh....,,.,..,

16. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Hi, welcome to this fab forum form me and Maisie :)

17. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you edzbird. Yes, Coco will forever be in my heart. I'm looking forward to the challenge of the new pup. I have a lot of memories of how Coco was -- a very big challenge but very loving. When I got Coco it was four months after my DH had passed away so it was her and me. My kids are grown and have families of their own. I'm not a clingy type to my two kids under the circumstances. I had a shepherd mix before Coco but she was 14 years and deteriorated rapidly after my DH passed - I think she missed him too much. I met John three years later, also a widower, moved in with me a year later and bonded with Coco immediately. I think he almost took. It harder than me when we had to put her down.

18. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you Debs and Maisie. I wish I had found this site long ago.

19. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

Welcome to the site, I am a newbie here as well. So sorry to hear about your loss of Coco, sounds like she was a very special girl. It is wonderful that you have decided to bring in another pup, this will be an exciting new experience. Look forward to hearing all about it.

20. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you PawPrints It will indeed be a new experience, been 14 years since Coco was a puppy and a challenging one at that.