I'm new to site and just wanted to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by ReneeS., Jun 19, 2016.

1. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

It is a new door opening and it will be a lot of fun finding out what is on the other side. Every pup has a different personality and that can lead us down some unexplored paths.
    I am in the process of looking to add another puppy to my family and while nervous I am excited about this addition too.

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

our Coco is a German Shepherd x Lab. He is a rescue and has been quite challenging. We've never had a puppy, but through this forum I can king of see the road ahead for you - lots of luck and good wishes x

3. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

I think our shepherd mix was shepherd and collie, she was an excellent dog got her as a puppy, still remember my daughter when she brought her home and it had only been a month since we had to put down our shepherd Lady who was 14 years.
    My daughter said"Mom, this house is not the same without a dog!" We had named her Clairborne after the clothing designer Liz Claiborne.

edzbird likes this.
  4. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thanks edzbird.

5. BevE

BevE Registered Users

Hi Renee, and a warm welcome from me and my 15 week old chocolate lab Bailey, in Australia. So very sorry for the loss of precious Coco. We lost our 13 year old golden lab, Cooper in November 2014 and I still miss him. I know that he is laughing at us from Rainbow Bridge as we struggle with a very bitey puppy.

The searing pain of our loss slowly passed and we were left with lots of wonderful memories of a precious Labrador. I didn't know about this forum either but now I do and it's a remarkable community.

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hi there and welcome! You have had a wonderful dog and her memory will always be with you - it's so hard to say goodbye, many of here have walked that road and know just what you are going through. I' sure your new pup will go a long ways to helping through this difficult time. Can't wait to meet her!

7. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for the warm welcome Bev. I'm looking forward to the new adventures with our new pup when we get her in about 7 to 8 weeks. I have a lot of good memories of Coco and know that she is out of pain now. I still tear up from time to time yet,. She left a big hole in my heart. Some of my family think I am getting one too soon but I don't feel that way. It's been five weeks since we had Coco PTS. After having her for 14 years my I know I have to have a dog around again. The house is just too quiet.

8. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for the welcome Lisa. It's comforting to me al the people who responded to me about Coco. I'm looking forward to the new addition but it will be challenging. I raised Coco from a puppy but I was 14 years younger!!

9. Millieboo

Millieboo Registered Users

I just wanted to pop in and say hello from Millie 4months and I . I'm sure you will have moments when you wonder what u got yourself into, thinking about the teething period. I myself lately been wondering that on and off when I feel so helpless when I see and hear Millie suffer from teething. Do you live alone or will you have help with the puppy? A woman never tell her age, but since it said on here I got a bit curious if you're a sporty older woman. Best regards Christina living in pa.

10. dhrinda

dhrinda Registered Users

Hello and welcome . I have chocolate lab 3 years. I lost my beloved spaniel and was devestated . I had Saphy for our sapphire wedding anniversary hence the name .we have had a few challenges but she is an absolute treasure now .good luck with your new puppy . Let us know how you get on.

11. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for your warm response. Just reading info on this site brings memories bac when Coco was a pup, chewing, chewing, chewing. I'm don't have a problem with my age, I'm 71, been widowed almost 14 years. I met John almost three years after the fact. He is also a widower, he moved in with me a year later. He was very attached to Coco and Coco followed hm everywhere! He will help me very willingly.

12. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Thank you for your warm welcome. Don't you wish our fur babies would live forever? I will post pix after I bring her home in about 6-7 weeks or so.

13. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

glad you found the site welcome form me and my 2 dogs Rory and Midge. so happy that you're getting a pup

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the site from me, Willow and Shadow, based in Andorra but splitting our time with a new house (well, a shell of a house!) we've just bought in Spain.
    I hope you enjoy the forum and share some pics of your new girl just as soon as she arrives :)

15. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Just stopping by to add my welcome to the Forum. Coco sounded a wonderful dog and had a very loved life with you.Enjoy your puppy planning and all the antics the new little one will brin.Great you've found the Forum x