Indie's first snow walk

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Lara, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Lara

Lara Registered Users

indie had her first snowy walk today. She was hilarious - she first started biting the snow and running round with chunks of ice in her mouth, then spent a lovely few minutes digging up a frozen cow pat. Until she caught sight of a snowman that someone had made on top of the hill - Indie decided she did not trust that sinister snowman one bit, and circled it barking until we had to give up and go home!

One cool thing I found was that in the snow, I can 'see' the scents that Indie wants to follow. So her random zooming around sniffing suddenly makes sense, as I can see the bunny tracks that she is following! So we spent a nice time 'hunting' together, me running from one bunny trail of footprints to the next and getting her to follow them with me. It didn't have any purpose apart from trying to show her that I could hunt as well as her and she didn't have to go off by herself to do it! She was really responsive to me during it because I was finally rewarding her attention with something she was actually interested in for once - especially when I found some tasty bunny poo for her! Anyway, the snow never lasts long here but we had fun...apart from the sinister snowman...

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Not enough snow here for sinister snowmen :D Glad you and Indie had so much fun hunting bunny poo! The things we do for our dogs :rofl: x

3. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Cute! Snowy walks are the best - I can see the joy on Quinn's face in fresh snow! She gets the zoomies and wants to stay outside alone for ages (which is not like her at all).

4. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

I have built snowmen for all my dogs. They like to jump on them and tear them to pieces so I build one just so they can wreck it. Sometimes just getting it made is hard, their "help" is pretty destructive. :)

5. Joy

Joy Registered Users

What fun! I do hope we get some snow down here on the south coast this winter. We had a few flakes yesterday but not even enough to cover the grass.

6. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

We had a covering of snow for a few hours this morning - Bailey was in seventh heaven - chasing the bits of snow coming off the front of our boots pretty much the whole time - or having the zoomies running in circles around us. He seemed to love licking the snow up too! Shame it has all gone now :( back to a muddy dog it is then!

7. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Sound like great fun, "hunting" with Indie. We had some sleet & ice. Would love a bit of snow.