John's idea!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Jane Martin, May 16, 2014.

1. AnnetteB

AnnetteB Registered Users

Re: John's idea!

Awwww she is beautiful. Hope you are feeling better. How long until pick up? I remember the waiting. My baby is now six months old already. Time flies. Enjoy the baby while you can. :)

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So cute!! So glad the choosing part was easy!

3. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Will she remember me? She was only 4 and half weeks old when we met. Oh well, if she liked me then, hopefully if she doesn't remember me she will like me again. Then there's always my trusty me-scented lilac towel that I left with the litter!

4. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

She's gorgeous, so happy you found her :D

5. lablover

lablover Registered Users

Don't know why, just seen this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. And she's a gorgeous looking girl. The time will fly until you can pick Chepi up. Looking forward to seeing more pics. Hope you're feeling better.

6. JohnL

JohnL Registered Users

Jane, sounds like it was meant to be! And she's gorgeous to boot ;) I look forward to seeing a photo of her when you pick her up for good. I hope the cough has gone now too!

7. Jane Martin

Yep, cough not so bad now; just have to turn off the nose :eek:

8. Jane Martin

Chepi preparations are in their final stages.

I have a pretty secure garden, 6 feet high fence all the way around but there's a little section that needs fencing off so she can't crawl under the shed. I don't know if anyone else has noticed that since the horrible floods fencing panels have been as rare as hens' teeth; some suppliers won't have any until September. :'( However, good old Jewsons have got loads! :) So, the fence panel is arriving tomorrow. The second lot of rubbish in the garden, from clearing space in the loft, from laying a new floor for the pup (long story) - where were we? Oh, rubbish - garden- I took to the tip today. Not only that, but as I was strolling by the lock today (Penton Hook on the Thames), I spied a really good, discarded wooden pallet (wood for my new back door ramp for Chepi) and the Lock Keeper let me have it. It was debris from the floods, so a good find! Also, the lovely clicker training lady I had observed last winter has emailed to discuss classes! I feel I have achieved a lot today, well done me, pat on the back. ::)

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Well done Jane :) you sound sooooo much more organised than I was ;) I bet you are counting down the time.......it will come quickly :)

10. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

Well done you!
    All we have to do now is put up two stair gates and block off a side return next too the house which is barely big enough for a person to turn around but plenty of space for a pup to get into mischief!

11. Jane Martin

OH! Forgot the stairgates!

Well done Nicola! Let me know what you forgot ;D I reckon I will forget something. We really are well prepared aren't we? ;D

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

A good day's work :)

13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=Jane Martin link=topic=6002.msg86728#msg86728 date=1402342621]
    We really are well prepared aren't we? ;D
    [/quote]

How many sleeps now, Jane?

It seems forever 'till my Guide dog pup arrives!

I'm having to invent things s/he will 'need'!

14. Jane Martin

Hi Mags, about 10 sleeps! Just sorted out the cushioning under her crate; I have new laminate flooring, so had to protect it. Very excited.
    Have you any idea when you'll get your pup?
    Nicmorris is getting her pup tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!! :D :D :D :D

15. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Jane,I'm going away on Friday for a week so by the time I'm back,it will be Chepi Arrival Day I think?she doesn't know how lucky she is coming to live with you ,glad you are feeling better x

16. Jane Martin

Angela, it's actually Sunday 22nd. So you'll be back! :D

17. Jane Martin

Driving up to the Lakes on Friday and bringing Chepi home on Saturday. Apart from being really excited, I am also a bit tired as the preparations have been ongoing for so long and still not quite finished.
    The den/crate is up, fencing done, lovely huge ceramic water bowl as well as chew toys bought (and all sorts of stuff deemed essential have been bought or ordered), flooring is done, groovy ramp for the back door is in place ,just the stair gates to go up.
    I think I am ready even if I don't have everything. Let's face it, if we found a stray puppy and took it in we'd make do wouldn't we? Anyway, I probably have all of the basics.
    Oh my goodness, how lovely, I am so looking forward to her. I wish I could give up work altogether! I AM HAVING A PUPPY! ;D ;D ;D

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

So exciting Jane, I don't think I was as well prepared for my first baby ;D You have done a great job and I feel your excitement, just a little while to go now, stay calm and breathe ;) x

19. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Jane, you do make me smile each time I see your posts about you puppy, so exciting! Not long now!! :)

20. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

How many sleeps? :)