LabraThor

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Aimee Lawrence, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Aimee Lawrence

Aimee Lawrence Registered Users

I finally figured out how to upload some photos of Thor, nearly 11 weeks now and im amazed at how quickly he has settled into our routine. The crate training has gone really well, he now goes in there while we cook dinner and will walk in when we have to go out. Toilet training was great for the first week but has been hit and miss since weve been back at work which is understandable. Overall though i cant believe how lovely he is. It feels like weve had him for so much longer than two weeks, and its like he is growing in front of our eyes :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my personal favourite:

[​IMG]

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

hehehe! was getting a bit worried you had an anbormal lab pup until I saw the last photo! :D beautiful pup :)

Dexter and Debs like this.
  3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Ohhhh he's gorgeous :inlove:

4. Aimee Lawrence

Aimee Lawrence Registered Users

Oh i did just remember a question i had. Whenever we put his collar on for when we take him out of the house he itches like mad and wont stop scratching it with his foot. Does anyone know how we can encourage him to leave it on? My previous dogs have worn them 24/7 but either way he will definately need to wear it when he can finally go on a walk.

5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

What lovely puppy-pictures. It sounds as if he's doing really well with his crate.

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Lovely puppy! With regards to the collar, he'll just get used to it in time. Willow used to fuss at her collar a bit. I'd distract her. It can help to put it on at other times, too, such as meal times, for training in the house, playing in the house etc. I don't like to leave the collars on all day, as it messes up their hair and, more importantly, they could get caught on something (especially when a puppy).

7. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Utterly gorgeous little guy x

8. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

What a cutie pie. I like your last one best too, little monkey. :)

If you haven't already started, can I suggest you do monthly, maybe even weekly, photos of him in the same spot as a growth record? You will get a kick out of looking back at them. So will we, please. :) Maybe on his bright purple bed?

Aimee Lawrence likes this.
  9. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Just gorgeous :inlove:

10. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

What a beautiful face :heart:, Love the name too, we loved that but my OH cant say TH properly so it was out of the question :cwl:

snowbunny likes this.
  11. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

He is such a Cutie!!

12. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Beautiful just beautiful! Bailey was the same with his first collar and they do get used to it. Bailey now wears his all the while and when we take it off he rushes to the bathroom for his favourite pastime - shower time!!!

13. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Gorgeous :heart:

14. Granca

Granca Registered Users

They certainly can! I don't usually take their collars off, as Tuppy becomes really agitated when I try to put hers back on. However, earlier this week I was putting some breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, both dogs came to do their 'pre-wash' bit and I told them to leave it, as usual. Tuppy stepped back... attached to the bottom drawer of the dishwasher. She immediately panicked, took off out of the kitchen and up the stairs with the drawer bumping along with her. It finally became detached part way up the stairs.

I was so relieved when she came along the landing towards me unscathed, as I was certain she would have hurt herself. While I was checking her over to make sure she was ok she quickly lifted her head up to lick me and clonked me under the chin and I bit my cheek!

Interestingly, neither dog now seems particularly interested in the dishwasher!

Cherry and edzbird like this.
  15. Deb - Archie's Human

Deb - Archie's Human Registered Users

What a cutie! I'd say the last pic captures a lot of his character ;)
    D.

16. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh my word! I shouldn't laugh but....:cwl:

Granca likes this.
  17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That's exactly what I did, once I knew she was ok. The drawer-mending is still work in progress, though! Luckily it was empty! :)

18. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Thor is adoreable. I am biased towards reds. I love the last 'foxy' photo :heart:

19. Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang Registered Users

you need to get him a thor hammer as a chew toy haha

20. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter