Let myself down :(

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jyssica, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Monday is the worst day when it comes to doggy care, My OH and I both leave the house at 8am, I normally return at 12 for lunch, walk and to feed Rolo!

Today I was stuck in horrendous traffic, no one else can get to him.. So i arrived about 1pm just 1 hour later and he had wet his crate.

Poor baby I feel so sorry for letting him down.... I have no switched daycare to include mondays so this isnt stresful for him.

SwampDonkey likes this.
  2. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Ah - I know the feeling. When Quinn was 6 months, we had to leave her 2 or 3 days a week full days and hired a dog walker company that would pick her up at a specific time so she wasn't crated for too long and one day I came home and she had peed her crate too :( They must not have come at the times I asked...poor thing. We also found an alternate plan for her...they are such a worry!

Jyssica and SwampDonkey like this.
  3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

These things happen, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. Just take it as a learning experience and think what you can do better in case it should happen again. None of us is perfect :)

4. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Aww, that's a shame. You'll be far more upset than Rolo though, he won't remember and he certainly won't hold it against you...
    ...especially if you give him a lovely juicy bone! :bone:

5. 20180815

20180815 Guest

At least now you're all covered :) I know how you feel though, my lab had to go in his dog carrier when he was a little pup because we had nowhere to let him out that was safe (pre-vaccs). I felt terrible at the time but I'm sure he doesn't remember it in the least :)

Jyssica likes this.
  6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Like others have said - you made a tiny error. I'm sure Rolo has long forgotten and you're much more upset than he ever was.

We all make mistakes - if it makes you feel any better Stanley chased a squirrel 7ft up a tree and fell out on OH's watch today. So you could've done something much worse :D

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

I'm sure Rolo's forgotten all about it by now. Things don't always go to plan. :)

I hope Stanley's no worse for his fall. Squirrels move so quickly and seem to look over their shoulders for dogs to chase them... :(

Jyssica likes this.
  8. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Aww don't worry, it happens! Sounds like you have a plan in place anyhow. Don't worry, sure Rolo has forgotten already!

Jyssica likes this.
  9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I'm sure he's forgotten, but do know how you feel. There are loads of roadworks by my house at the minute and can take up to 45 minutes to get home. It used to take 5minutes! So sometimes Harley is left for 4.5 hours and I try not to leave her more than 4 hours and is frustrating, but she doesn't seem to mind! There's nothing I can do to change it either.

Jyssica likes this.
  10. Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang Registered Users

I think we have all been there before, dont beat yourself up, at least now rolo will probably learn he needs to hold it in for longer lol.
    when kibs was about 4 months I got stuck in an accident close to my house for about an hour, I got back to kibs rolling in his own poo and pee. funnily enough hes never done that again even when I get stuck outside.

Jyssica likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Yes, I think that's happened to most of us...

Jyssica likes this.
  12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah it's a horrible feeling when you feel something has gone wrong for them...Dogs forget so much quicker than we forgive ourselves x

Jyssica likes this.
  13. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Thanks Everyone!
    Indeed he forgot when he got a big super long special walk last night and a chew :chuckle:

and lots of cuddles! - Problem solved Monday in daycare from now on!

charlie, Karen and Dexter like this.
  14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We ALL make mistakes - it's how we deal with them that matters xx

Jyssica likes this.
  15. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

That's one reason I do not like crates. You WILL be late and they're stuck in their own pee or poop. Or puke. Worse is if they try to hold on, which any woman of us has been told by our Doctor is not a good thing to do. I doubt his bladder or sphincter or whichever has been ruined for life by this one episode though. You couldn't help it, traffic stinks. LIterally too. I know I have had to be sure not to panic, to remain calm and drive carefully a couple of times when I was going to be late. Better to be home late than upset and not paying attention when driving and get into an accident.

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Aw bless you for worrying so much, shows you're a good dog owner :) My neighbour has a key to our house, so if I am ever stuck in traffic or am going to be unavoidably delayed she can pop over and let Hattie & Charlie out for a wee and feed them if necessary. Puts my mind at rest knowing I have that emergency backup. xx

MF likes this.