liquid poo (don't read if you are eating!)

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by JulieT, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Better safe than sorry....you dont want Charlie to get it back!!! These things can be so contagious....good luck at the vet's...hope Betsy gets better quickly so you can all have a GREAT New Year's.

JulieT likes this.
  2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

:tmi:
    Get well soon FBG x

JulieT likes this.
  3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Poor girl, what a nuisance. Hope she's over it soon.

JulieT likes this.
  4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh NO, poor Betsy :( Wishing her a very speedy recovery and hoping Charlie doesn't contract it again. xx

JulieT likes this.
  5. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Poor Betsy (and poor you). I hope she's better soon and Charlie stays well.

JulieT likes this.
  6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Ah poo! Literally. Here's hoping it's a short-lived bug, poor Betsy.

JulieT likes this.
  7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Well took Betsy for her appointment today - they gave her the same anti-sickness injection as Charlie. I forgot again to ask exactly what it was, too busy stopping an 8 month old Labrador wreaking the joint. :rolleyes: She was very bouncy and full of herself!

Vet's think it's very likely the same bug as Charlie had. Apparently they have still been overwhelmed with dogs vomiting and with diarrhoea.

They also hope that we've headed off the worst of it with Betsy, which would be good! Although we've had no bedroom accidents this time, I can do without the 4am clear ups in the yard....and I'm keeping the makers of Dettol in business, I think! I've washed everything - water bowls, blankets etc. and hope that Charlie doesn't get it again. I can really do without the bug just being passed repeatedly dog to dog!

Still, hopefully it won't be as bad as for Charlie.

8. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Glad to hear Betsy got the injection , Julie. Fingers crossed that this is the end of it for both pups. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

9. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Oh no! Hope she's over it soon.

10. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Betsy doesn't see too fazed by it! I hope you don't have to do any more mopping up!

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh that's good news, lets hope that's it for you and your pups. xx :)

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Now super annoying!

4th night of getting up several times to let Betsy out! She is not suffering the same symptoms as Charlie - she seems well in herself - but this dratted liquid poo isn't ending!

Sigh. I think it might be worth popping her back to the vet to see if they can do anything more. Yes, New Year's Day, so ouch it'll be expensive but if I can get an unbroken night's sleep it'll be worth it.

I'll call at least - a vet called me back last time, so I can ask whether there is something they might be able to do.

13. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Poor you. Four nights does seem quite a long time for diarrhoea to last.

14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

:( Poor you.

15. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I am sorry to read that Betsy still has diarrohoea. I have heard that Canikur Paste, from the vet, is very helpful (not sure how you spell it). I once rescued a cat from the vet I worked for, she had diarrohoea for weeks and weeks and we eventually clogged her up with some medication, so I called her "Cloggie"!

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I have pro-kolin already - which I think is about the same - it doesn't seem to be having any impact at all! As soon as she eats anything, she just has a massive liquid poo a short time later. I've tried skipping her meals which obviously means she doesn't have a poo, but I can't just not feed her at all.

Betsy seems bright in herself, which is good. Charlie was much more poorly with it.

17. Emily

Emily Registered Users

How frustrating. Four days does sound like a long time. It's good that she still seems OK in herself, otherwise that would be very worrying. Let's hope she turns the corner soon x

18. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

The most boring thing (I know not the most important thing) was I wanted to crack on with training over the hols, but I don't want to give her lots of treats!

We are going out and working on focus and engagement by playing with toys, which is good for us - but, still. :(

Sorry. Just needed a moan about liquid poo! :rolleyes: Thanks for listening! :)

Naya, FoxyLady and Stacia like this.
  19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Tummy troubles are so boring. After Willow and Shadow, who both had quite sensitive tummies as pups, Luna is a breath of fresh air - in more ways than one! We've not had an episode since the first night, where she was rather soft.

I hope the vet has something to clear Betsy up quickly.

JulieT likes this.
  20. charlie

charlie Registered Users

How awful, poor Betsy but at least she seems well in herself which is something. Sleepless nights are the worst, I remember them well with babies not furbabies!!

Have a kip during the day if possible xx