Luna's training log

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by snowbunny, Dec 29, 2016.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

I've been doing little bits and bobs with Luna in the last week. Yesterday, we had our first lesson of hand targeting and today was our second go. I started introducing the target in different positions. She's such a funny little thing :)

2. JulieT

JulieT Supporting Member Forum Supporter

She is looking good! A little less tank like already. :)

Is she rubbing her eyes at all? I just ask because she seems to have pale patches around her eyes. Could just be the light, but Charlie (or any Choccie) gets this if they rub their eyes and remove the delicate fur surround the eye (which is very easy to do). You don't see this on other colours (but I'm sure they rub their eyes just the same).

Of course, could be her fur is still growing!

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Bless her. I hope that was human grade food in your mouth :D:D x

4. snowbunny

She looks really pale around the eyes in photos and video, but far less so in real life. She doesn't rub her eyes, but the lids are a little loose. I don't think it's anything to worry about at this stage, just she needs to grow into them. Her eyes are a bit more watery than Willow's were at this age, especially when she's tired, but they don't seem to be irritated at all.

The "tankness" comes and goes. She's changing very rapidly. She loves a good sit in the garden to watch the world go by, and at the moment when she does this, her head looks far too small for her body from the back! She's massive compared to this time last week. She can now reach the cleaning stuff I had put on top of her crate. :rolleyes:

Hehe, yup! Turkey frankfurter :)

drjs@5 and charlie like this.
  5. JulieT

JulieT Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Charlie's were like that - they very much improved with age. Although they are not perfect even now, and I do fuss a bit with keeping his eyes clean. Betsy's sire didn't have good eyelids (although not terrible, see much worse on Labradors every day). Thankfully, she didn't inherited these, and has good tight eyes.

6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Ah, she's lovely! You're very brave to have your hair loose around your shoulders within reach of puppy teeth!

7. snowbunny

It's normally up in a bun, or fashioned into a tug-toy (otherwise known as a plait). But I'd just got up and hadn't had my shower at this point :)
    She's not too bad. She has her devil child moments, but in general, her biting is pretty gentle.

8. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Very fun to watch! Target is one of my favourite things to teach. :)

Luna looks so wonderful and is already so much bigger. I'm amazed by how big Lab puppies are at this age. I'm getting used to it, but it's still really curious to me how a dog who ends up being so much lighter in weight than a Rottweiler when full grown is so much BIGGER as a puppy. One of those (very cute) mysteries of dogdom, I guess!

9. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

Ahhhh, you got the new puppy! I haven't been around for a while. She is so cute!

snowbunny likes this.
  10. Beanwood

Beanwood Supporting Member Forum Supporter

She is really doing well! Love her enthusiasm and focus on you. Choked on my snowball when I read..

"It's normally up in a bun, or fashioned into a tug-toy (otherwise known as a plait). But I'd just got up and hadn't had my shower at this point :)"

:cwl:

11. snowbunny

Well, she's a baby puppy and I'm not pushing her, just a couple of sessions a day, but so much to learn!! She's probably a bit less focussed than Willow at the same age, but I'm also less desperate to get stuck in to everything as I was with my first pup. There's plenty of time :)

Beanwood likes this.