Meet Loki!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sarah B, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

We didn't treat for wees and poohs, just lots and lots of praise. I didn't find this forum before we got our puppy. If I do it again I will be treating!

Sarah B likes this.
  2. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Loki had his first visit to the vet this morning and was very good. Bit of whining in the car and waiting room but not much. Happy to let the vet check him over who confirmed his weight as 5.4kg, and said he looked healthy.
    Booked him in for 2 weeks for his next vaccination. Then apparently he's good for walks 10 days after that.
    He's now sleeping, I think he was happy to get home

Boogie likes this.
  3. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

What do you do if they don't finish all their meals? He still has about half from breakfast and I'm due to give him more now. Do I just add another full portion to the bowl, or chuck out what's leftover first, or make up the difference?
    He was like this a bit yesterday, not eating it all at once but had normally finished it but next meal time

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

You don't need to throw it out, you can make up his next meal with it.

Remember, the amounts on the bag are usually far more than they need. So long as he's gaining weight nicely, give him just the amount he will eat :)

Sarah B likes this.
  5. Boogie

I don't believe in 'grazing' myself as you can't predict their pooing routine - but others don't mind it at all.

Also remember - treats and biscuits = a LOT of calories.

Sarah B likes this.
  6. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Okay thanks.
    He's was sleeping for a couple of hours after the vet so I never topped it up at half 11 at all. He woke a short while ago, ate a couple of pieces from
    his bowl, went to the toilet outside and I did some sitting exercises with him with some of what was left over. There's still some left over now and he's gone back to sleep so I will just wait until he wakes again and top it up. Maybe will just wait until the next one at half 3.
    I'm sure he won't starve himself haha and as you say treats add it up and I did give him some in the vets and have been giving him them for going to the toilet outside.
    He'll probably be perky at 1am again!

7. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

'Attempting' to keep Loki from chewing the door frames
    [​IMG]
    :rolleyes:

Tasty Kong
    [​IMG]

8. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Ohh he can come and chew mine if he wants. He's absolutely dreamy :heart:

PawPrints and Sarah B like this.
  9. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

@Sarah B Vicks VapoRub! I saw it mentioned by Mags @Boogie and it seems to work. Of course, it was too late for one corner of my coffee table, a couple of chair legs, and one door frame...but it's prevented her from doing *more* damage. Of course, she then finds something else to nibble on *pulls out hair* I need to coat this room in Vicks!

Sarah B likes this.
  10. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Thanks, I'm sure I've got some of that in the cupboard. A couple of people have mentioned bitter Apple spray, do you know anything about that?

11. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Ah he's so darn cute. Makes me want to get another one :rolleyes:

I luckily had my trusty Pomeranian who told Axel to stop chewing on anything that wasn't a toy :D (and still does when it comes to tea towels and couch pillows hehe)

Sarah B likes this.
  12. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

I have heard that Vaporub can be harmful. But we used the Chew Deterrent spray from Pets At Home and it worked like a dream.

Also, when he was teething we gave him raw lamb rib bones, frozen, to chew. Got them from he butcher for a few pence. Fantastic!

Sarah B likes this.
  13. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Oh dear, there's always something :( She's not standing there licking the Vicks off so no harm done I hope. I swear this puppy is part beaver.

Sarah B and Rosie like this.
  14. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

I'll look for that spray, thanks

15. Boogie

I still use Vicks - a very thin smear. If they licked it I'd clean it off, but they don't, they hate it!

Our pups have to be de-crated at 6 months at the latest, so chewing furniture/walls/skirting boards is a no-no.

:)

16. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Ah thanks. He's still being pretty good at not biting us. He just likes dangly things like shorts.
    He only whined a couple of minutes before bed and after his night time wee but he still breathes fast so I think he still has some anxiety. Hopefully it will pass soon, I'm hoping before we put his crate downstairs at night too

17. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I used a few different anti-chew sprays. The Grannicks one was the only one that seemed to work for us. But, to be honest, it doesn't last long and I found that just redirecting the puppy was the most effective thing.

Sarah B likes this.
  18. Boogie

What a good boy.

I think it would be a good idea to wait until the panting stops and he really relaxes before you put his crate downstairs. How is he doing when you leave him for the school run?

Sarah B likes this.
  19. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Yeah probably will be best.
    School run starts on Monday so he has a few more days yet.

Boogie likes this.
  20. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

We tried bitter apple spray...Quinn loved the taste and made things worse :confused:

Sarah B likes this.