New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Lynette, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

We are in a desperate situation with our two adorable choc lab sisters of 14 months and i am reaching out to see if we can personally find a new, loving home of them, due to their history we desperately want to keep them together as they have had the roughest of starts in life and we now find ourselves in a situation at home where we just cannot provide the time, love and attention they so richly deserve.

I spent a long time telling people on here about Beaux and Bella's tragic story back in Nov/Dec 2013 as I was desperate for advice on their condition and i found so many lovely, supportive people offering kind words as we embarked upon a gruelling 6 month journey of surgeries to all four legs due to severe elbow and hip dysplasia in both dogs. the dogs start in life has been exceptionally tough as from the age of 6 months they had to undergo a series surgeries to fix their elbows and hips. it was a truly horrendous time for them and also for us as a family as caring for 2 young pups 24 hrs a day was intense, heart breaking and exhausting esp whilst trying to look after a toddler and run our own businesses, my husband even slept on the sofa with them for 3 months so they didn't howl all night post surgery.

Beaux and Bella are now fully recovered and enjoying their time off the lead :), they are the most adorable, loving and gentile dogs we've ever met and we have broken our hearts agonising over how we can manage them since i unexpectedly fell pregnant in January. had we known I could fall pregnant we would obv never have go the pups but this was an enormous surprise/shock! We also have a 3 yr old boy and I am now 7 months pregnant and due to severe immobility issues i now have i am no longer able to care for the girls or walk them. The reality of 2 young, boisterous pups in a home with a 3 yr old and a newborn with me unable to walk is not a good one for anyone and however committed we are to these beautiful dogs we are just not coping and the baby is not here yet! i am due in Oct and will need a c section operation so again we ideally need to find a home for the girls before that, we will not put them into kennels and have lined up a home to care for them for 6 weeks whilst i recover as an interim measure.

I am therefore reaching out to personal friends and people on here to see if you may know of anyone or could yourself give these beautiful girls a long term home, we have met with a lab charity but they wanted to re-ome anonymously and i am not comfortable not meeting the new owners or knowing what happens to the girls long term, I owe it to them to ensure they are safe and will not be re homed again and want to ensure we meet potential new owners.

Do you know of anyone, or can you advise us of where to go for help? We are desperate to find the right family of these girls, they are so special - this has nothing to do with their behaviour they are loving, gentle, obedient dogs we just literally cannot cope with our working lives and young children as well as keep 2 pups this age happy and energised.

i am happy to provide pictures and a full history medically, we have been told by 'Supervet' Noel Fitzpatrick that their legs are most likely better than most labs now, however we do need to warn people that Beaux may need an elbow replacement on one leg, however, this may never need to happen and we would be happy to contribute 50% toward that if it should happen in the future.

Happy to send piccies of them - they are truly beautiful!!!!

THANKYOU TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP US!!

2. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Desperate search for a loving home for Beaux & Bella - can you help?

We are in a desperate situation with our two adorable choc lab sisters of 14 months and i am reaching out to see if we can personally find a new, loving home of them, due to their history we desperately want to keep them together as they have had the roughest of starts in life and we now find ourselves in a situation at home where we just cannot provide the time, love and attention they so richly deserve.

I spent a long time talking to people on here about Beaux and Bella's tragic story back in Nov/Dec 2013 as I was desperate for advice on their condition and i found so many lovely, supportive people offering kind words as we embarked upon a gruelling 6 month journey of surgeries to all four legs due to severe elbow and hip dysplasia in both dogs. the dogs start in life has been exceptionally tough as from the age of 6 months they had to undergo a series surgeries to fix their elbows and hips. it was a truly horrendous time for them and also for us as a family as caring for 2 young pups 24 hrs a day was intense, heart breaking and exhausting esp whilst trying to look after a toddler and run our own businesses, my husband even slept on the sofa with them for 3 months so they didn't howl all night post surgery.

Beaux and Bella are now fully recovered and enjoying their time off the lead :), they are the most adorable, loving and gentile dogs we've ever met and we have broken our hearts agonising over how we can manage them since i unexpectedly fell pregnant in January. had we known I could fall pregnant we would obv never have go the pups but this was an enormous surprise/shock! We also have a 3 yr old boy and I am now 7 months pregnant and due to severe immobility issues i now have i am no longer able to care for the girls or walk them. The reality of 2 young, boisterous pups in a home with a 3 yr old and a newborn with me unable to walk is not a good one for anyone and however committed we are to these beautiful dogs we are just not coping and the baby is not here yet! i am due in Oct and will need a c section operation so again we ideally need to find a home for the girls before that, we will not put them into kennels and have lined up a home to care for them for 6 weeks whilst i recover as an interim measure.

I am therefore reaching out to personal friends and people on here to see if you may know of anyone or could yourself give these beautiful girls a long term home, we have met with a lab charity but they wanted to re-ome anonymously and i am not comfortable not meeting the new owners or knowing what happens to the girls long term, I owe it to them to ensure they are safe and will not be re homed again and want to ensure we meet potential new owners.

Do you know of anyone, or can you advise us of where to go for help? We are desperate to find the right family of these girls, they are so special - this has nothing to do with their behaviour they are loving, gentle, obedient dogs we just literally cannot cope with our working lives and young children as well as keep 2 pups this age happy and energised.

i am happy to provide pictures and a full history medically, we have been told by 'Supervet' Noel Fitzpatrick that their legs are most likely better than most labs now, however we do need to warn people that Beaux may need an elbow replacement on one leg, however, this may never need to happen and we would be happy to contribute 50% toward that if it should happen in the future.

Modify message

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Desperate search for a loving home for Beaux & Bella - can you help?

Lynette, please do post some photos of the girls. Maybe it will help if someone sees how lovely they are.

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

Hello Lynette, firstly thank you for your PM , it is good to hear from you , albeit in such very sad circumstances .
    I would, very gently, like to offer one little piece of advice , regarding your wishes to rehome the girls together . I can understand your thinking and of course, it is your decision but I truly think that it would be much easier to find seperate homes for your girls , one with a resident dog so that they wouldnt feel alone . Dogs adapt so quickly and as long as there was company , they would be fine apart . Most people on here have at least one dog already, so it would be much more difficult to take on two, just a thought . My other suggestion is that you contact your closest Blue Cross Rehoming Centre , they run a Home Direct scheme where they come to you , get all the back ground , the dogs stay with you whilst they set about finding a very good home , so the dogs dont go into kennels , its a kind option .
    I wish you well in finding the very best for your two brave girls .

5. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Re-homing our two adorable choc lab pups - can you help?

I spent a long time telling people on here about Beaux and Bella's tragic story back in Nov/Dec 2013 as I was desperate for advice on their condition and i found so many lovely, supportive people offering kind words as we embarked upon a gruelling 6 month journey of surgeries to all four legs due to severe elbow and hip dysplasia in both dogs. the dogs start in life has been exceptionally tough as from the age of 6 months they had to undergo a series surgeries to fix their elbows and hips. it was a truly horrendous time for them and also for us as a family as caring for 2 young pups 24 hrs a day was intense, heart breaking and exhausting esp whilst trying to look after a toddler and run our own businesses, my husband even slept on the sofa with them for 3 months so they didn't howl all night post surgery.

Modify message

6. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Re: New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

thank you Kate, perhaps you're advice is right, i worry as they have been through so much together they need one another, they have never really been separated apart from of rthe surgery, however, as you say re homing 2 together is already causing problems for us ... so we do need to have this as an option so long as they have another dog in the home.

do you really think they recover, i am torn apart with guilt on this and worry for them and how they will adapt?

thank you again

7. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Lynette

Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Commiserations on the tough decision that you've had to make regarding Beaux and Bella. I wish you luck in finding them a good home - like Karen, I think that recent pictures would help.

8. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

thanks karen, i have tried but can't see the option to allow me to post pictures - i have an attachments and other options button but it doesn't give me that option? Can you help please? thx again

9. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

Hi Lynette

I understand you wanting to keep them together, we got lab brothers 6 weeks ago and i can't imagine separating them now, but as Kate said, they would adapt to a home with another dog.

Our last lab had to have surgery on both elbows as a young dog, and never had any problems again, fingers crossed the girls will be the same.

If this had been before we got our two new puppies we would have seriously considered taking them, but there is no way we could cope with 4 so young.

I wish you all the best in finding homes for them both.

Lou xx

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Lynette, I have merged your three threads into one, so you can see the responses all in one place. Don't worry, everybody will still see your message just as much and I am sure we will all do everything we can to help you find a solution for Beaux and Bella.

To post photos you need to use a photo bucket or flickr account, and then use the icon with the mona lisa photo to copy the link to the photo.

How wonderful though about your unexpected baby!!!

11. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Hi Lou

Thank you for your post, I think we may need to consider separating them but as you know it is the toughest decision, they adore one another and it makes the act fifty times worse than it already is, what a shame you just found pups - but its obi meant to be for yours :)

12. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

13. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh my goodness they are beautiful…

14. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

oops sorry about that - i can't seem to work out how to post pictures -arrghhh!!!

15. kateincornwall

Yes Lynette , they would adapt for sure , dogs are wonerfully good at adapting to different circumstamces , I think the Bluw Cross sheme I suggested would be an excellent move, for all of you x

16. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

thank you karen - they are truly stunning in temperament and looks, heres a few more, i hope this is the way to post them?

[​IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/quihhibqpliu8bc/IMG_0900.JPGimg]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kppxg5soymfp4sc/IMG_1139.jpg/img]
    [img][/https://www.dropbox.com/s/uemha2onal0culu/IMG_1139%5B1%5D.jpg]
    [img][[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvbl3kepzsr9gxr/IMG_0753.jpgimg][/url]

17. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

18. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

hopefully these piccies work and are a good indication of what they look like :) - totally gorgeous!!! and thank you karen I will approach the Blue Cross

19. kateincornwall

Its Kate ;) ;) I used to work for the BC Lynette , this scheme is wonderful , potential owners are vetted very carefully indeed

20. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Apologies Kate - head in a whir today :( thank you again, I have called and left messages with BC, do you know if we get to meet the owners at all through that scheme as I just can imagine handing over our babies to an unknown entity id like to meet and potential new owners, my biggest fear is that we wouldn't be able to do that and also we wouldn't hear if their circumstances changed, i just couldn't bear to think that the girls future may be unstable and id like to be sure they'd contact us first if they had to be re homed in the future, the charities we have spoken to want anonymous adoptions?