New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Lynette, Aug 20, 2014.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

Yes Lynette , you meet them when they have been brought to you by a BC worker and also, you have the freedom to say yes or no too, the final decision is yours . This scheme was started about two years ago and has now rolled out to cover all areas , also the BC offer the services of a behaviourist to all who adopt , for the duration of the dogs life x

BevE likes this.
  2. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Re: New loving home needed for our 2 adorable choc lab pups with tragic history ...

I'm so sorry you've had to make this very difficult decision Lynette.

I do think going through the Blue Cross as Kate suggested would be a very sensible way of finding new homes for your dogs. At least you can be sure the people have been checked as suitable and the fact you can keep them at home while they find someone is a great way of doing it. They may be able to find someone who wants two labs much easier than you on your own.

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Lynette, firstly many congratulations on being pregnant :) I am so very sorry after everything you have been through with your very beautiful girls you now find yourselves in this terrible situatiion of trying to find loving forever home(s). I can only suggest The Labrador Rescue, I do know one of the ladies that works there and I have met her, would you like me to contact her to see if they can help? If you would PM me with your details. Maybe they could find a home for them to stay together as they are young and not tiny puppies, I don't know but it might be worth speaking to them. I am sure you will find the kind of home(s) you want for them so please don't despair.

Hang in there and we will all see what we can do to help. Helen xxx

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival :)
    Sorry to hear that you have had to make this decision. I'm sure it was a very difficult one at that :(
    I wish you all the best in finding forever homes x

5. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

So sorry you have had to make this decision albeit for a happy reason.
    I don't know where you live, and not sure we are quite ready for a second dog yet , but your girls are beautiful and I'm sure BC or Lab Rescue will find loving homes for them.
    Please let us know how you get on.

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Have thought about you and your pups over the last months and wondered how they were. So sorry you are having to rehome them, I am sure they will find a very good home but I so agree with you that you want to keep tabs on them in the future.

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Such a very difficult decision for you.
    You have done such a good job with them, it must be such a wrench.
    I think the rescue suggestions so far are very sound, but wondered where you lived, as I know that East Midlands Labrador Rescue based in Nottingham are absolutely fantastic.
    I do hope personally that you are okay and that you aren't permanently disabled with your health rather than just temporarily with your pregnancy.
    Wishing you the very very best for you and your family xxxx

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Both dogs are absolutely beautiful. I think you will be able to find a great home for them, and the Blue Cross option sounds excellent.

I got my dog at 9 months when his original owners could no longer have him and I like to think that we have done a good job of giving him a happy and loving home. We are still in touch with his original family. So I feel that finding a similarly happy situation for your gorgeous girls is more than possible.

I just want to wish you all the very best, Lynette. You truly deserve it.

9. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So sorry you have to make this decision but I know you have truly thought it through. I am not in Britain so don't know of any possible solutions but sounds like there are some good options. Don't worry, I'm sure the girls will be fine in the end. We got our Simba when he was a year old and he has settled in just fine.

Congratulations on your new arrival! Take care of yourself and try not to fret....even though I know it must be hard!

10. Lynette

Lynette Registered Users

Thank you so much for all your replies and best wishes, I will keep you posted on our progress :)