Off we go!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Lisa, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Clever Simba :)

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Ok, I've finally got a few minutes to post some pics!

The best kind of road....
    image.jpeg

Snowy pic! To get to Banff we get to go along the Icefields Parkway, one of Canada's most beautiful drives. Lucky us! The road will be closed in winter as the conditions get too treacherous. Right here we are near the top of the pass, and you usually get the worst weather here. This is where we encountered the most snow, although the road was dry.
    image.jpeg

Hiking up Tunnel Mountain, which is a popular hike as it is just on the edge of Banff. Dogs must be leashed in the National Parks, but Simba is having a wonderful time just the same.
    image.jpeg

Near the top, with Banff in the background. It was about 6C, but cooler at the top with the breeze. But we were warm from the hike uphill, so that's ok.
    image.jpeg

At the top
    image.jpeg

After that (little over an hour up and down) we went back to our cosy little B & B. Simba approved of the convenient chocolate Labrador- friendly bedspread
    image.jpeg

More to come.....

Granca, drjs@5, Joy and 4 others like this.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

We wandered around Banff for a bit...and encountered a bear!!

https://flic.kr/p/Mvq5L4

Next we hiked to Sundance Canyon
    image.jpg

Come on, Mom, get going....
    image.jpeg

It was really beautiful. The next day was time to go home, drat. But on the way, since we were going to go right past Lake Louise...
    image.jpeg

We walked along the lake....as you can see because we are at a higher elevation, there was snow here.

image.jpeg

Took another pic at the top of the lake because the sun was out by the time we got back there...

image.jpeg

We had a wonderful time....and Simba really loved it. Hoping to go back next year...fingers crossed!!

Attached Files:

PawPrints, Granca, drjs@5 and 6 others like this.
  4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Magnificent photos, what more can I say :)

SwampDonkey and Lisa like this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Stunning! I'm glad you had a lovely time. The Icefields Parkway picture made me shiver - it looks COLD!

Lake Louise is beautiful. I bet Simba wished he could have a swim, regardless of temperature :)

Lisa likes this.
  6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

How beautiful! Lovely photos. Looks like Simba was a very good boy and did you proud!

Lisa likes this.
  7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oh I missed the vid of the bear first time round (too busy looking at the pics!). Teehee Simba! Was it scary! :D

Lisa likes this.
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh, I didn't realise it was a video! I was too impatient to let the video controls load. Bless, it looks like he wasn't sure! When mine first came across a bear statue in the woods, they barked and barked at it! :)

9. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Just spectacular, you are so so lucky to live in such a breathtaking country. LOVE the video of Simba and the bear :)

Lisa likes this.
  10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Animals statues did it for Charlie too - when he met some stone lions for the first time, we had to put sea biscuits on their paws!

Lisa and snowbunny like this.
  11. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

What a brave boy he was with the bear. I have always wanted to go to that area so it was wonderful to see the photos, thank you for posting them. I was surprised at how small Banff looked, was there more to it which was hidden in the photo?

Lisa likes this.
  12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

The video is fab! What a brave boy Simba is :) So jealous though of the beautiful scenery, simply stunning!

Lisa likes this.
  13. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Fabulous views! The video of Simla cautiously approaching the bear made me chuckle.

Lisa likes this.
  14. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

He was scared! But once he sniffed it he was ok....:rolleyes:

drjs@5 and JulieT like this.
  15. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

No it's pretty small. Development in the park is tightly controlled, so very few new buildings are built, and it's not easy to get anything a
    Proved for building. Which is good. It has around 7000 (lucky) people who live there. Lots of people who own houses there just pass them along to the kids or relatives, so it's not easy to actually buy a place there. Although we did see a few "for sale" signs, surprisingly.

Stacia likes this.
  16. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I know. It really is absolutely gorgeous. We are very lucky to live so close, although even so it is a four hour drive away so not like I can pop there for an afternoon or anything like that. Unfortunately. However the closest mountains are about an hour and a half away, which is more doable for a day trip...having said that, though, we didn't get there this summer. Blah. Hope to do better next year!

17. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I'm not sure. He's not an enthusiastic swimmer. He was actually quite scared of the drop off to start, but once I stood close by he was ok. Same same thing at the viewpoint below - further down the road from Lake Louise is Peyto Lake, so we stopped there too. Simba did NOT want to get close to the edge...guess I can't blame him... image.jpeg

Stacia and Beanwood like this.
  18. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Stunning pic! :)

19. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Absolutely beautiful :heart:

20. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Lisa the scenery is absolutely beautiful.i've been skiing in Banff and Lake Louise ,it is lovely to see it all again.I'm so pleased that Simba coped so well with the travelling and all the changes ....holidays with your dog are the best!

Lisa likes this.