Owls

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by caroleb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Owls

Beautiful :)

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh wow,she is beautiful!love the pic of her coming in to land and the labs peeping at her through the door x

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

She's beautiful!! :)

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I couldn't get the video to work properly but saw enough to say I was fascinated.

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

How absolutely fantastic!

6. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

thought I'd post a little update - it's been a week since Kiera arrived and it's fascinating to watch. She's 8 or 9 weeks old now and they are fully grown at 11 weeks and she really does look bigger every day!

She is now quite confident flying but landing is sometimes an issue - its funny when she crashes (only coz we can see she is fine)
    She is starting to pounce -practicing her hunting skills and will use a tissue or any bit of stuff on the floor as a target.
    She hasn't been eating all her food and the consensus on the owl forum is that she is ready to come down to one meal a day so we're trying that later. Also we're to try her on mice as they are more nutritious. (I never foresaw writing that sentence ever!)
    She s very resistant to the jessies (spelling?) hopefully in another day or two she'll learn to tolerate them as we can't take her out until she's comfortable in them. (These are the leather straps that attach to the anklets and a tether)

If she does settle down she'll make her first appearance at our local dog show on Sunday where Ian has a stand so fingers crossed.