Pack Walk

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by SteffiS, Nov 12, 2016.

1. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Took Ripple on his first proper pack walk today organised by one of the gun dog trainers I've used. Apart from the fact we got lost on the way there and me and OH narrowly avoided a blazing row :rolleyes: it was a lovely walk.
    Very well organised, really great for dogs with loads of boggy puddles for jumping in, bit harder going for us humans tho'. I was pleased with the controlled way the dogs were let off the lead so there wasn't a sudden mad rush. The dogs got on well together and Ripple made great friends with a little Jack Russell - talk about the odd couple :D - loads of labs but no, he wants to be friends with a small dog who luckily doesn't seem to mind Ripple trampling all over him.

I was worried at first that Ripple wasn't interested in what I was doing but after the initial charging about he started coming to me for the occasional check-in and by the end of the walk was quite happy to walk with me.
    Really pleased with today, hopefully it will be a once a month event as a good time was had by all :).

Xena Dog Princess, drjs@5 and Joy like this.
  2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Sounds like a fab walk. Did you take any photos?

3. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

I didn't take any photos, I was concentrating too hard on what was going on as Ripple had never been out with so many dogs before and I wasn't sure how he would behave.
    Obviously very bad form on the forum to have no photos to post :D:D.

4. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

I wish we had something locally along those lines, I'm sure it would do Molly a lot of good. Will have to investigate a bit further.

No photos?? Shame on you :rolleyes:;)