Photo uploading

Discussion in 'Life With A Lab' started by Gwenda, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Gwenda

Gwenda Registered Users

I have tried to up load photos with Imgur &.Photobucket as suggested but nothing seems to work. I use Picassa for my photos usually but dont seem to be able to send them to Forum site from there or from Docs or My photos. Any suggestions please?.

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi Gwenda. Once you have uploaded a photo to Imgur, or Photobucket, you need to find the link on that site to its BBCode. This looks like [ IMG]...[/IMG].

I've been meaning to compile a "how-to" for Imgur (which is what I use), so I'll do that now. Give me half an hour ;)

3. snowbunny

4. Lin

Lin Registered Users

Is there any way to upload from a kindle? Not good with this kind of stuff.

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh heck Lin,sorry,it's me floating around at the mo...the most IT challenged Moderator of them all......from MY Kindle I can definitely say not....but mine is the bog standard original model.....I know Kindles have moved on ......I won't know how far until my current one packs in and forces me to update! Someone more current may be able to help you x

6. snowbunny

Hmmm, I'd have to say "not sure", sorry! I have a Kindle Voyage, but I don't use it for web browsing. I assume you're using the Fire or something?

In any event, only forum supporters can directly upload photos (other than the avatar - is that what you mean?) - everyone else uses photo hosting websites like Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr and then you post the BBCode (which looks like [img]http://blahblahblah.com/myimage.jpg[/img]) into a post on here and the photo will display inline.

If it's your avatar you want to upload, I can do that for you if you want. Let me know and I'll send you my email address in a private message :)