Posting a photo from Flickr *update*

Discussion in 'Technical & Help' started by drjs@5, May 20, 2015.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

There have been some changes to Flickr since Rachael previously posted her excellent and helpful screenshots. I have updated them to help all you guys post your pictures on our shiny new forum.
    So.......To post a photo from Flickr -

Its simple to join Flickr photo-hosting site and costs nothing to join. There are good instructions on how to upload your photos from your computer onto Flickr itself, and it is reasonably intuitive to use. You can also use an app (such as FlickrUp on android) to set your smartphone to do automatic uploads if this is how you take most of your photos.

After uploading your photos to Flickr, this will create images on your Camera Roll and/or photostream. All you need to do then is to select your chosen photo by double clicking it, or by hitting the double ended "enlarge" arrows in the top right corner of your selected picture.

[​IMG]Flickr 1 by drjs_5, on Flickr

This opens your picture.
    Next step is to scroll right down under your picture to the photo details.

[​IMG]Flickr 2 by drjs_5, on Flickr

At the bottom there is a section "Additional details" which I have in the red box here. If you click on the "Viewing this photo" and in the drop down menu (that I have represented in the black box) select Public. This changes the icon from a closed padlock to an open one.

[​IMG]Flickr 3 by drjs_5, on Flickr

Next step is to share, Scroll back up to your photo and select the share button, circled here.

[​IMG]Flickr 4 by drjs_5, on Flickr

Another box will pop up. Ensure the BBC code is selected (the blue line shows under BBC code).Click on the box with the text which will highlight in blue, copy with right click + copy or control + C.

[​IMG]Flickr 5 by drjs_5, on Flickr

Then simply go to your post and paste directly into the box, no image tags required.
    Job done.

I hope this helps anyone who is unsure or who has been struggling. Let us know if you have any problems.
    jac

Saba's Boss and Newbie Lab Owner like this.
  2. LucyinCornwall

LucyinCornwall Registered Users

Thank you for such an amazing post... I couldn't of uploaded photo's properly without it! - I find it very hard to understand some instructions with being dyslexic, but having the photo's there too step by step it really helped! Thank you!

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Glad it helped!
    We love photos on this site.
    If we have time at some point, we could do photobucket or other host sites if there is an interest.

4. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Having a hard time doing this on my iPad. Somehow I can't select the whole code like I used to. Not sure if it's an iPad or Flickr problem but definitely something has changed...and not for the better, of course....

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lisa.....from my android the share button only gives you the option of the URL to copy, not the BBC. Is that the same as you? Doesn't work :/

6. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Thank you so much Rachael and Jac for providing this excellent resource. Sorry to hear about the iPad issue Lisa..

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

This is a browser/flickr problem. The following solution works with safari:

Tap the bbcode once - it will flash grey. Then, with two fingers apart tap the bbcode - it will select the whole code and give you a copy box. Like this:

[click pic for vid]

[video]https://flic.kr/p/umvBUT[/video]

8. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

9. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Oh thankyou it worked yayyyyy

10. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Sorry can't edit but thankyou Julie and Charlie. It worked on ipad.

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yay! Post those pics....:)

12. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Errr...somehow I lost track of this thread (grr I can't get the hang of the new layout, I'm sure I'm missing a lot of posts) and I'm still not figuring out posting from Flickr from my iPhone/iPad....thanks for these instructions Julie I'll give it a shot ....

13. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hmm....nope. The problem is I can't find the bbcode. As Jac says the option to get the bbcode has disappeared from Flickr. At least on the mobile version. You can only copy the link now.

14. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

I'm trying to post from the browser on safari using flickr on my iPad. You can get the bbcode but it's hit or miss whether you can capture all the link to copy. The copy line in blue keeps disappearing.

When you use the flickr app there is no options on the iPad, it's only copy url. If its there I can't find it.

Now all this could just be coincidence. This site changed at around the same time as I updated the iPad to ios8.3 and flickr app also had an update.

So my opinion is all these technical internet thingys, are conspiring against me. I learn how to use it and someone decides it needs "improved ".

15. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

[​IMG]image by claire satchwell, on Flickr

Thanks for the instructions I've now opened Flickr in Safari rather than an app. Here's Mabel running.

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Great! Haven't had a chance myself to try it without the app but would make sense (although not the intuitive choice!)

17. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Please could someone do a master class on photobucket?

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I could try LOL

19. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Please do I would be very grateful.

20. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

Can I put my photos and videos on Flickr back to private once I've shared them on the forum or do I have to keep them as public?