Puppy blues...help!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tam, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Tam

Tam Registered Users

Hi everyone! Hope someone can help me! I got Max, a beautiful yellow lab nearly 2 weeks ago (he's nearly 10 weeks) and in the past few days I've been feeling really negative towards him...I wanted a Lab so much, even convinced my partner to go for a Lab instead of his first choice of Ridgeback and now I can't seem to love him like I should...he's crate trained and only had very few potty accidents since he arrived but when he wakes up or after a wee in the garden he goes INSANE and I'm going insane with him!! I sometimes even dread it when I feel he's waking up!! Today I just sat down and had a massive melt down! I feel so guilty for feeling this way, Max is adorable and sooooo intelligent and wants to be with me all the time but I just don't feel that bond yet...I'm feeling so so guilty for feeling this way towards such an adorable animal...I want to love him...please help!! Does it get better? How long do the puppy blues last?

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

It will come. He's just a baby, but as he grows with you and his personality develops, I'm sure you will bond. When they're tiny, you have to give them so much attention, you don't have time for yourself - I'm sure that's the cause of the puppy-blues. You will grow together, and you won't remember this stressful period......until you get another. **

** Never had a puppy - so feel free to take my advice with a huge pinch of salt.

Tam likes this.
  3. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Tam, b&blabs and DebzC like this.