Puppy smells really bad and peeing funny

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Steven Hill, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Steven Hill

Steven Hill Registered Users

Hey everyone!

Our 5 month old black lab has been having a few issues and I'm hoping I can get some ideas before a visit to the vet.

Three days ago I notice her poo looked like it has a sausage casing around it. It happened for two days and I read that it's mucus. So I wasn't too worried. Her poop appears fine now.

Yesterday when I came home from work, a smell of dirty feet hit me as soon as I walked in. She stunk terribly. I gave her a bath and went about our day as usual.

Today, she stinks again. We ran some errands and when I came home I took her outside to potty. She peed, but mid pee she started walking away while still peeing. I thought maybe she was distracted so I didn't think much of it. She then did it two more times during the same potty break. The first two times were a LOT of pee.

She hasn't drank more than usual, and her diet is the same. I can't figure it out. Is the smelliness related? Should I take her in? Our vet is closed or I would have called.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Steven.
    Could be a urine infection. Could be other things too but I think that would be top of the list.
    I would phone and talk to your vet at the very least.
    Could get a lot worse if left until Monday, and she would thank you if she could to get treatment ASAP if it is an infection.
    jac

3. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

I'm not sure about the smelling part, but mucous in the stool can be a sign of worms (or other issues). I would give your vet a call.

4. Steven Hill

She's on a dewormer so I doubt it's that. I'm at the vet now and they don't seem worried.

drjs@5 likes this.
  5. Steven Hill

And the verdict is.... vaginitis. And a very expensive ER visit since my vet was closed. Glad I caught it early, she didn't seem to be in any pain.

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Glad she is getting treatment.
    She may not have appeared bothered but I am QUITE sure she appreciates getting treated.