Rescue dogs waiting for homes/foster

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Feb 14, 2013.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Black Retriever X Rescue have some lovely dogs on their books at the moment.

The best way to keep up to date with them is through their facebook page They are always looking for both permanent adopters and temporary foster homes

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Rescue dogs waiting for homes/foster

Its a lovely FB page Pippa , I try to support them when I have a few spare pennies as they do so much tireless work to help these lovely dogs, if only we had a bigger house ::)

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

It is a lovely page isn't it. And Jemima and her partner Jon who run it, are utterly devoted to the welfare of dogs. :D

4. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Pippa, is that the Jemima I am thinking of? Who stirred up things a bit in the world of pedigree dogs? ;)

5. kateincornwall

Sorry , I know this was for Pippa , but yes, she made a documentary a while ago about the KC and pedigree dogs .

6. David

David Registered Users

I really can't look at that site - it's too painful. Donate a bit every now and then. I'd love another but it's out of the question at the moment.

7. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

She does seem to always have lovely dogs and it's obvious from the posts that they try really, really hard to match the right dog with the right home.
    If we ever get another I'll definitely look at BRX dogs but not yet ;)

8. kateincornwall

What I like is that the dogs seem to be well assessed before they go to permanent homes , spending time with fosterers first . So sad though , makes me cry to look at them sometimes .

9. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I think it's sad but at least they seem to have a good success rate of rehoming, it's the thought of all the ones that don't make it out of Ireland that make me cry :'(

10. kateincornwall

Me too Barbara, my dear little Flynn was on death row in Ireland , the Blue Cross rescued him and others, he was only 9 months old . This little Poppy brings tears to our eyes , she is now very trusting after just 6 days and when I think what she has gone through, it beggars belief that she wags her tail . Sometimes it doesnt do to think too much :(

11. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

As well as the already booked pup we're keeping our ears open for an older girl (ideally two to three ish), so if anyone knows of any up here in the top right corner of England, point me in their direction. Humber to Wallsend really. It's really strange being down to just the two and poor little Hebster is really missing her big hound. :'(
    Yes, I know it sounds greedy ;D but we're used to three or four labs plus a huge wolfhound. I've actually had to heat the dog house this winter for the first time ever.

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Kerryn, have you looked on www.manytearsrescue.org they have lots of rescue dogs and quite a few labs fostered all over the country, you never know. That's where we got Charlie from, but don't let that put you off!! ;) Helen x

13. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

Thank for the link, Helen. I'll have a look.

14. Summerleft

Summerleft Registered Users

My parents have just asked about a lovely dog on there, its like waiting for xmas as a kid seeing if they get an email back ;D hoping theyre suitable would be a lovely home for her on a 5 acre small holding. fingers crossed hehe

15. charlie

charlie Registered Users

How exciting for them, what breed is it? I know what you mean when I pressed the send button I thought I would never get a reply, but they phoned less than 24 hours later with news. Fingers crossed here :) Helen x

16. Summerleft

shes pure lab I think, I read she hasnt been homed yet as apparently most offers havent been suitable, so they may not be right for her, but they do have lots of dog experience including big naughty ones and lots of time being retired/semi retired hehe

17. charlie

charlie Registered Users

If this girl is not meant to be I am positive the right one will come along when they least expect it. Good luck to you all. :D Helen

18. Summerleft

indeedy thanks, theyve had the questionnaire and filled it in so fingers crossed

19. Summerleft

exciting! they got her on trial today, cant wait to meet her, our dogs not allowed to see her yet though as shes starting a season, he will have to wait LOL

20. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Fingers crossed for her :)

jac