Second meet with potential adoption

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by edzbird, Aug 15, 2015.

1. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Another successful meet with Coco this afternoon, in one of their fields this time. Still ultra-boisterous, but he's been cooped up all morning. Belle put him in his place once or twice, he backs off immediately - he needs to be taught manners. They settled and lay down in close proximity, but he's keen to play all the time.
    The chap we saw him with today said he'd take him for a walk and tire him out tomorrow & we'll go & see him again straight after, and spend some time alone in the field with him, us & Belle. Basically, they'll let us meet up as often as it takes to decide. Trouble is, the more you see him the more attached you get!

There was another chap there to visit him too, he was very nice, so if it doesn't work out for us he would step in - I think he's a dogless house a the moment.

Belle has been exemplary in her behaviour - not the usual chicken-hound. She made us proud today.

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

That's lovely - sounds like there is a little Q of people, so he'll definitely get a home. :)

How old is he? If young, the play thing might wear off. Although there is no signs of that in my boy, at 2.5yrs, I have to say.....

3. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

He's only a year old Julie, clearly a pup with no direction.

4. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Glad to hear it's going well, sounds like you had a really good time.

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oh well, they are all playful and boisterous at a year....it gets better....:):):) - or, so they say....:rolleyes:

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It's good that they're giving you time to decide :) Glad Belle is handling it all so well.