Spero leaving

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Naya, May 14, 2015.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Spero is going to his forever home tomorrow tea time. We are really happy for him, but there will be tears flowing. He has really become special to us.

Thanks to Kate for the photos and for walking him on Tuesday x

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

He really is beautiful.
    Wishing him a happy future xx
    What a good job you have done. Be proud xxxxx

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

He is so very, very, lovely. You've done a wonderful thing, helping him on his way. Try to get us some news of him, time to time, if you can....

5. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Just lovely....and so happy for Spero....and sad for you Ternaya, it will be bittersweet for sure...

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

He is gorgeous, and he is going to have a great life. You've played a very important role in helping to get him there.

Big hugs to tomorrow night (and after).

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

He looks happy and healthy, and you have played a big part in that! Hugs to you, it will be hard but oh so worthwhile in the end.

8. Joy

Joy Registered Users

You've given him a great start to his new life and imagine how excited his new family are feeling. :)

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

His new family live about 30-40 mins away from us. I asked if they could give me updates from time to time, they said they can do better than that.....we are going to meet up every few months as they said they can see how much he means to us and they loved the bond between Spero and Harley ☺️
    I will keep you all updated x

10. FWhitt

FWhitt Registered Users

Aww he looks lovely and like everyone said you have given him the best start in his new life :) xx

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Well done Ternaya, you have done a wonderful and special thing for Spero. It's down to you that he is going to his new home confident that he is loved, and knowing that a home can be a warm and caring place. Good job, thank you so much!!!

Could you perhaps do one more thing - tell his new owner about the Labrador Forum? It would be great if she joined, then we'd get to keep Spero in the family, so to speak!!

12. JAYMZ

JAYMZ Registered Users

Yes, I echo all the other comments. Whilst it's certainly tough for you, you deserve a huge pat on the back and should walk proud. You've already done the best thing anyone's done for him and continue to do so by making a tough decision.

13. Jen

Jen Registered Users

He looks a lovely, healthy dog. You've done a fantastic job with him Naya you should feel very proud to be handing him over to a loving home knowing the happy life you've started him on. Well done you

14. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I will be definately be telling his new family about this forum. I did speak to them briefly about it when we first met as they asked how I got involved / knew about Spero. I will encourage them to join
    My hubby has taken the day off to spend with Spero as I have to work til 3.30pm. I think tonight is going to be really strange without him

15. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

You will miss him....just shows how much love you have given him.

It's great that you will be able to keep in contact with him. I'm sure his new family will continue the excellent work you've been doing.

16. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

That is fantastic news for Spero, although sad for you. You have done so much for him and I'm sure you will shed a few tears on his departure, but try to remember that they are happy tears. Without you he wouldn't now be setting of to his new permanent home.

17. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

How lovely that he has found a home so near you. You have really helped him on his journey and it will be lovely to keep up with his progress and let him and Harley play from time to time. Extra Harley hugs tonight x

18. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Bless him and you xx

19. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

He is a great looking dog.

You did a wonderful thing bringing him to the UK and giving him a chance.

An even more wonderful thing in carefully finding him a loving home when you knew you could not keep him. You kept him with you so he did not have to suffer the trauma of kennels. You have given that dog so much.

20. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Good luck in your new home Spero where you will be safe, warm and loved, no more kennels for you lovely boy :) Well done Ternaya for finding Spero his forever home xxx