Spero update

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Naya, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Apologies this has taken so long. unfortunately I cant upload photos with my ipad anymore :(

Anyway, we have seen Spero twice since he went to his forever home just over 3 weeks ago. He is definitely improving in lots of areas :) His reactivity to other dogs is getting a lot better - Claire (his new mum) has managed to take him for a walk with a few other dogs locally. He seems to be less reactive, but still wants to say hi to other dogs and gets frustrated by this, but once he has said hello, he looses interest and carries on walking. At home he settled in really well, he adores his new parents and they adore him :D. He has a dog door so he can go into the garden whenever he wants and learnt this very quickly. He still loves trying to catch flies, bees and birds and will leap into windowsills to try and catch them! I get updates on a regular basis and also have built a good friendship with Claire and Scott. We will be keeping in contact which I am really pleased about. they may even come on our next SW forum walkies :cool:.
    Claire and Spero have been over today to play. Harley and Spero have a really good relationship and they played lots. Today Claire showed us how they have taught him to give paw and to lie down :D. He is still as loving as always and follows everyone around, but really has found his feet :)
    Here are a few pics

[​IMG]Harley and Spero 7.6.15 by Ternaya Cummings, on Flickr

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oh, that's lovely. You must feel so happy (and proud of your role helping him along, I hope) that he has found a great home. :)

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

That's just lovely news, Naya! Well done to all of you! (And it would be great if Spero could come on our next walkies...)

4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Wonderful photos! Great to keep in touch, really reassuring to see how well he is getting on, and how committed his new owners are to supporting Spero through the challenges in his new life :D

5. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Really good news :)

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

He looks so happy... How lovely that he has found such a great home. You did a great thing for him Naya.

Does he look a bit thin, or is it just me used to the Chunky Monkey (aka Poppy)?

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Great update Naya,thank you.would be amazing for him to join the SW walk with folk that know his story.he really is a beautiful dog,you've played a really important part in his life,as has Harley x

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I was just thinking he is exactly how my vet would want Charlie to look....:rolleyes::D

9. Dexter

I think hes a bit on the slim side too x

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great to hear that everything has worked out so well for him. He's very handsome and looks very happy!

I'd say a touch on the thin side. Better that than fat though....

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

How lovely to hear this xx

12. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

So pleased to read your news and to see photos of Spero, he looks very happy.

13. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Lovely to hear this happy outcome.

14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely news - well done all of you xx

15. Naya

Naya Registered Users

He is on the slim side - their vets have suggested getting around 2kgs on him so they have started increasing his meals This week. He has put on a kilo since he left us and looks better for it . He is such a happy boy and his new family is wonderful .

16. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That's great news. You must be so pleased, especially as you're able to keep in touch.

17. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh, this makes me so happy. Well done to everyone involved with this. Gorgeous, happy boy :)

18. Dexter

That will really bring him on,Dex is so slight yoi can really,see the difference a kilo makes to him.spero looks so happy,loved seeing the sleepy pic of him on Facebook too,one tired,happy contented boy.I love that you are in touch with him...that means we are too x

19. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Thank you for keeping us updated Ternaya. It does the heart good to see this boy looking so happy, and to know that forum members had a part in rescuing him from that horrible pound. Well done :D

20. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Lovely photos and so good to hear that Spero is so happy in his new home and that you are keeping in contact with his new family. A great result for all :D