Ted

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by MattJones88, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: Ted

Oh Ted, you are BEAUTIFUL!

Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of puppydom, Matt.... you are going to have a wonderful time!

2. MattJones88

MattJones88 Registered Users

He is having a nap, having a mad 30 minutes or so then crashing out again! It's going to be fun!

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

.... and when the difficult times come, just visit us here on the forum and we'll tell you we've all been through it and it is all fine, fine, fine.... ;D ;D ;D

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

We'll just flick those photos back to you when he is being a divil and you will forget his mischief and fall own love with him all over again ;D

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=8398.msg119694#msg119694 date=1414257614]
    We'll just flick those photos back to you when he is being a divil and you will forget his mischief and fall own love with him all over again ;D
    [/quote]

Exactly! ;D

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hope all is going well. Enjoy!

7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Very cute :)

8. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Just lovely, enjoy!

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

What a cutie! I love a black lab in a red collar. Just the colour we chose for our little Willow (who is not so little anymore at 11 weeks!). He looks like he's going to be a little bruiser :)

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

He is gorgeous :*

11. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Hello to you and Ted!
    He is so cute and angelic - I can't believe he will ever be naughty with that innocent little face ;)

12. debsie

debsie Registered Users

What a gorgeous little cutie! much fun coming up!

13. MattJones88

Well our first night was fun! In his crate for bee and a v loud 30 minutes where he jumped around his crate, howled, etc. During this time he soiled his bed.

Waited until he was quite, took him outside, he did a wee, went back in his crate and cries for a while but did settle. Let him out again approx 330 and he was dry.. Weed outside then more or less settled til 6am - dr again, weeing outside.

These trips outside were silent .. Out his crate, outside, good boy for weeing then straight back to his crate with no fuss!

He slept loads during day so I'm hoping if we keep him busy later tonight will be better! He's hyper now!

14. MattJones88

And we forgot clocks went back in all this!

15. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I don't actually think that went so bad for a first night....he did settle down for you ...did he crash out after his hyper puppy demo? X

16. MattJones88

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=8398.msg119880#msg119880 date=1414339257]
    I don't actually think that went so bad for a first night....he did settle down for you ...did he crash out after his hyper puppy demo? X
    [/quote]

Oh yes, he's been sleeping on and off all day!

Currently sat on his bed in the living room having a good old chew.

We put him in our room last night in the crate but neither of us slept much! Debating just sticking him in the kitchen where we want him long term and riding it out?

17. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I had every intention of moving Willow's crate into the bedroom for the first few nights, but after putting it up in the living room and then realising it wouldn't fit through the door, we decided to simply try keeping it in the living room. She cried for about ten minutest the first night (completely heart breaking!) but less the second night. After that, the only noise she made (and still makes) is a whining if she needs the loo or in the morning when she's ready to get up - and never mind the fact we may not be able to!

So I'd say, give it a go and see how you get on for one night. It may be better than you think.

18. MattJones88

Hi. Yes it's a pain moving it!

He settled much better last night and was dry! We did get up for 2 toilet trips though. He went to bed about 10:30pn, was out at 2 ish and again at 5, eventually getting up at 6am.

I think he would have settled better and slept longer if our 3 year old hadn't woke up crying as i think getting up with him disturbed the dog! This makes me think to leave him downstairs tonight (the dog!!) and see how it goes... Chances are we'll all sleep better upstairs and I can still set an alarm for a toilet break! He's been nipping in his crate more today.

19. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Sleep well! He is scrummy :)

20. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Divine , and very dangerous too , note to self , I cannot have another puppy :)