There are some horrid people out there...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Beanwood, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Ugh how awful.
    Glad everyone is ok!

2. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Oh my god I would've been so angry! I don't know what I would do if someone was going to hurt my dog! I know what OH would do though!

So glad you're all Ok!

3. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Oh dog, I'm glad that it didn't end in blows. Sounds like Casper and Benson had a close shave. I just don't understand some people, they must just be always spoiling for a fight.

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

So sorry you had to go through thus it happens often were I live its happened to me twice. There are some very strange and nasty people about. I sure Casper knew what He was up too. The man clearly has some problems it just sad you had to bear the brunt of it.

5. MF

MF Registered Users

Really sorry to hear this.

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

What a horrible fright,I'm glad you weren't on your own Kate ....I feel sorry for his dog too,having to live with an owner like that x

7. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

That's a dreadful experience for you and the dogs. What is wrong with some people? o_O

The additional risk with something like this is that the dog can remember someone's aggressive posture and in future could be on alert ready for something like that to happen.
    A walker (no dog) reacted in a very similar way to our old lab BJ when he trotted too close, wagging in his usual friendly manner. This man was wearing shorts. Forever after BJ was cautious when anyone in shorts approached, to the point where he could have appeared threatening, being a big black dog slightly crouched and clearly 'on alert'. Such a rotten shame.

I'm glad Caspar and Benson are OK.

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I'm sorry... :( Glad you are all ok.

I have to admit, since poor Poppy was so badly bitten last year, I don't like it when unknown dogs run up to me; it makes me afraid and upset. Maybe the man had had a bad experience in the past? It doesn't excuse his behavior of course, there was no reason for him to try and hit your dogs.

9. Granca

Granca Registered Users

What a horrible experience. It's good that you weren't on your own and that the dogs weren't hurt, even though it was scary for Casper. Let's hope you don't meet him again. :(